2002 Lincoln Continental - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Continental model:
lincoln continental
By gary bauman on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lincoln Continental Personal Security 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

great car....love the motor

A fantastic Automobile
By don38 on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Best Car I have owned to date. Lots of power for merging after rest stops on the interstate.

Continetal Divide
By wjpolte on 08/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I Test drove every make and model for the last 4 months and nothing compares to the Continetal. Acura, Lexus, BMW, Audi, Volvo etc are all the same. Same interior, Same box exterior, might as well build a generic sedan just change the nameplate. The Continetal is different. It has room, luxury, driviablity, sportablity and an American style of its own. Its a shame some maketing genius doesn't capitalize on the uniqueness of the Continetal.

My Continental CE
By Rob's - CE on 06/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

At first I was a little unsure about the comfort of this car. However, the more I drive it the more it fits me. It took all of the first 100 miles for me to completly enjoy this car. The Continental drives with litte effort, the vehicle handles like a car built to be smaller and more nimble. It doesn't "float" like other full size cars I have driven, it has road feel and is a car for all roads. Lincoln should reconsider their dropping of this car. The style and ride are 5 STAR.

No other car compares
By Veritas on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is an absolutely outstanding car. I am a 33 year-old male (not the stereotypical buyer). This car far exceeds any Japanese or German luxury car. The comfort, ride, reliability, and amenities make this car an absolute joy to drive. It has great power (275 hp). As a front-drive car it has a bit more noise than a rear- driver. But, the car can get through all types of weather. No traction control can beat front-wheel drive. I think the car is beautiful. The interior is restrained, elegant and tasteful. The exterior uses chrome and other accents that sets it apart in a way that is distinctiveness and classy.

Impressive Lincoln!
By PatrickJR on 06/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I like the big car "feel" with the flair of sportiness...an exuberant drivetrain...robust acceleration...NOT quite as gutsy as my 2001 Mustang BULLITT GT, though...Ford, keep-up the good work!!!

Last of the breed
By Jim O on 05/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned,in the past 10 years, Lincoln Town cars. I decided to get a slightly smaller car and choose the Lincoln COntenintal. Is has met and exceeding my expectations. I could find no fault with this vehicle. I do miss my Town car but this car handles better at the loss of some minor comfort. I can adjust things to fit my personal needs.

Don't drop the line
By John Yurchenko on 04/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Continental and the last two service wise have been excellent!! Have never taken car back to dealer for problems, not even a rattle or squeeke!!

Noisy and uncomfortable
By Billcars on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

From day one this car has been a complete disappointment. Uncommon vibrations and very high ambient noise make it very uncomfortable. The selling dealer didn't want to hear the complaints and said the noise and vibration were normal. A second dealer replaced two front tires with flat spots and no mileage on them and put in new motor mounts. The vibrations were stopped but the road noise is unbearable. This was my first and last Lincoln.

Late md Continentals speedometer error
By Tom Coomes on 03/14/02 18:03 PM (PST)

2002 Lincoln Continental 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

My speedometer does not register the true speed of my 2001 Continental. 6 mph off. Used GPS to clock. My dealer told me that ALL Continentals speedometer are in error. Ford engineers told me a 10% error either direction was exceptable. Asked to put it in writing, they refused saying that it isn't written and they could not put it in writing. Chkd the Town Car and LS and they were within tenths of a mph off. So they can make a speedometer accurate. Better chk yours or you may get a ticket when you do not deserve one.