2008 Lexus RX 350 Consumer Review: A second look at the Lex

2008 Lexus RX 350 - Consumer Review

A second look at the Lex
By DadMan on

2008 Lexus RX 350 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm updating a review I posted in April. Things have happened since then. The RX was involved in a moderate collision ($2500 in damages to the lower front end) but was able to drive away from the accident. I can't say that for the other vehicle. The Lex is indeed a safe ride. That aside, the only thing I miss about my '05 Solara convertible is the stereo, oh and the convertible part. At the first service interval, I had the dealership install a hitch receiver so I can use a bike rack. Not cheap but worth it, just like the car itself. The only thing that has failed is the express-close feature on the moon roof. The shop was able to reset it.

I still rely on the nav and back-up camera unit with integrated bluetooth and don't like driving without it. Also, I finally got to see the rain-sensing wipers in action. Nice! I still like the looks of it better than anything out there right now.

I wish I had known about the adjustable suspension and also I would have opted for the premium sound if I had had a longer test drive. The white paint seems to attract dirt; Permaplate might have been a good idea.