2000 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Review: Wishing I'd Never Purchased It

2000 Lexus GS 300 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Wishing I'd Never Purchased It
By Dissatisfied on

2000 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car and, prior to close, had to force them to give me new tires as my "certified" vehicle tires were badly worn. Nicks, chips, in excess of what one would expect for a car with 22k miles. Within a few months, the radio numbers were barely visible. Minor repairs still covered by warranty were required. Now at $83K, I would have spent $5K fixing items but for the fact that I deferred a $1400 service that would be a "nice to have" and the dealer will pay for the labor on a power steering column I have to replace after doing a $2700 service two weeks ago. I should have kept ES300; 208K miles without the problems I'm having here at 82K. Terrible snow handling.

The way it looks and the fact that, relative to other vehicles, it will hold resale. It was a luxury feel at a good price point.

Rear wheel drive should be standard. This model year's panel is uninspired. I'm tall, so more headroom coverage and vehicle entry difficult.