Used 2000 Lexus GS 300 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Lexus Gs-300 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic - (26 reviews )

BEST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED!!
By clublexusgs300

2000 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

i bought this car a year ago with 150k on it. i did a royal purple synthetic oil change along with royal purple trans fluid. This CAR IS AMAZING. The 3.0 v6 will get up pretty quick if you have it switched to the power mode. The car is extremely comfortable with plenty of space to put stuff. For as big and roomy as the car is you wouldn't know while driving, it feels like a fun little sports car, and the shift in the transmission is almost not even noticeable. i now have almost 200k and it looks and feels like it has under 100kI put someHID headlights& led tail lights and put some nice wheels and tires on it and it turns heads. This is the best car that i have ever owned.

Favorite Features

strong, reliable, powerful motor that gives you the feel of a strong sports car, while still providing absolute comfort and convenience of driving a luxury vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage isn't as good as some of the vehicles in this same class. that's about the only bad thing i can think of on this car.

Bought 2000 GS in 2010!
By boinz

2000 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I have never bought a 10 year old car before. But it was roomy for my 6'3" frame and 275 lbs! I found a 1 owner Car Fax certified model with 94,000 miles. Beside routine maintenance, I had work down on memory front seat and upper and lower control arms in the front. I have not regretted buying it.

Favorite Features

General performance... good acceleration and cornering. And a little snob value as it is a Lexus! Very tight body integrity. Never heard a squeak! Very smooth drive train. I enjoy driving it every day!

Suggested Improvements

Maybe better FRWY mpg of 25! I have read some GS owners getting closer to 29/30 mpg.

lexus gs300
By ael77

2000 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

i had a gs300 for a long time it has about 140,000 miles on it n it runs great built great good quality the interior is nice seats r comfortable n so is the ride performance is good i like sports cars but the peformance is good enough its an 11 year old car n i still drive it like a sports car so it can handle the abuse not that i do but sometimes i need to boogy the top speed i ever did on it is about 125mph n im not scared to boogy on it cuz i know it can handle it the snow option helps out alot in the snow with good tires for n rearwheel drive its pretty good doesnt need alot of maintenace n the sound system is pretty good on the platinum edition so its a good car still runs awesome

Favorite Features

durability comfortable seats stereo is good looks nice nice ride

Great Car, Love it!
By Great Car

2000 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 85k last month, great for a 10 year old car. It is truly a wonderful car. I immediately changed oil, front rotors, front pads, rear pads and rear rotors(all were original). I have put about 3k miles in about month. This car rides like its brand new. This is definitely a keeper. If you can a find one with good miles, you cant go wrong. I checked all the review sights prior to buying. No one believes it's 10 years old when I tell them. It looks and rides great.

Favorite Features

Styling, gas mileage, smooth ride, quick acceleration.

Best car ever
By rpin

2000 Lexus GS 300 4dr Sedan

I'm writing this to help all that are looking to purchase this car, I have a gs with 183.000 miles and still feels like a car with at least 70.000, this car has never giving me problems is extremely reliable and possibly the best car I have ever own, fun to drive, and with the aftermarket suspension that I put on it, it feels more sporty than ever.

Favorite Features

look, comfortable seats, engine

Suggested Improvements

radio