Used 2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 207 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (207 reviews )

Wonderful Entry-Level Luxury Car
By Edward

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My second Lexus, also own an '02 RX 300 which is still a great vehicle. Wanted something with more creature comforts and have been extremely pleased. While I also get the clicking engine noise from cold start-up, this goes away after warming up. Service says it's the variable valve system. Every aspect of the driving experience is splendid and comfortable, altogether luxurious in most ways. Despite other reviewers, I find the car to be very responsive and powerful. Gas mileage is far better than expected, though I have had to stick to Premium fuel as recommended. Roomy for both front & back seat passengers. I would buy this car all over again if I had to.

Superior ride & good handling, well-appointed controls. Fit & finish appear well done. Sound system and navigation are very good.

Glove box & console are minimal. Engine compartment obscured by covers. Response to navigation voice commands needs tweaking

Modern trouble free Japanese Cadillac
By joey

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second ES, this car is more about luxury than sport. Fuel economy is excellent for the size car and 0-60 specs but requires premium fuel. Overall I am very satisfied with this car.

The navigation system and Bluetooth are very user friendly.

Colors! I was told Lexus colors are conservative, that may be true but not every Lexus customer is conservative, the transmission takes some time to get used to, the sound system can be better on the stock vehicle.

Expected Better
By Ray Boucher

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought the car as a certified unit at 18K miles. Rattles in the dash and driver's door almost immediately. Loud knocking from injection system (I'm told) when the engine is cold. Parts of the car sound "tinny" when bumped or doors are shut hard. Poor lighting inside and particularly in the rear seat area. Console storage is poor due to unusual access method. The door panels and door sills should be something other than plastic which is easily marked during entry and exit - carpet would be nice - not up to the quality of design I expected from Lexus.

I particularly enjoy the head lights which follow the steering, the key- less features and am very fond (and thankful) for the skid assistance and braking assist systems - both have kept us from serious accidents!! A very comfortable car overall.

Rework the access to the console storage box, install better lighting inside, front and rear. Correct the noises from the engine when cold - very disconcerting!!

Disappointment
By jose maria campos

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

There so many unexpected repairs on the car. Lexus have a good reputation to be very reliable. But didn't expect to have several unscheduled, unexpected repairs. I am so lucky to have purchased a extended warranty. I would suggest to get an extended warranty to all future buyers. Try to look for a warranty that would be good for 200,000 miles. I am very, very disappointed in purchasing this car. I am not sure if I would purchase another Lexus, especially this is my first time to purchase one. I am not sure how Lexus, a high-end automobile company, could sell such a defective vehicle with less than 100,000 miles with a repair list that is too long to list in this box.

I love the parking assistance & the back up camera. The ride is good & comfortable.

I hope Lexus would offer additional extended warranty. After the first one expired. The repairs that I encountered are just too much of an inconvenience for what little I have received.

Best Car I've owned
By bggas400

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had no issues with this car. Although I think the paint job could be better. The navigation system can take you on some curious routes but all-in- all it works quite well. Works much better than a Magellan while traveling around New York. It is much more comfortable than previous models. Has enough power and you feel in control at all times through inclement weather. You really can't go wrong with this car.

All the creature comforts. Nav, rear view camera, backup sensors and Smart key system... the need to NEVER have to take the keys out of your pocket.

AWD which might be on the newer models now. You can't raise the windshield wipers with touching the edge of the hood. Not a very good design. Could possibly use a little more room for passengers in the back.