Used 2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Lexus Es-350 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic - (203 reviews )

Nicest car
By Matt

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Car is quiet, powerful and luxurious. I am actually getting about 35 mpg on the highway. I look forward to the drive home finally.

Favorite Features

Power, quietness, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Already has everything I want.

Luvin' my Lexus
By Jason B. kane

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I enjoy the car. As four door sedans go, it is a sweetheart. It is very comfortable, infinitely adjustable and quiet. I got all the bells and whistles: Levinson sound system, nav, rotating headlights, Xenon bulbs, heated and cooled seats, etc. It actually has good acceleration and handles very well for a four door sedan. It gives plenty of warning before you get in over your head. It decidedly is NOT my Daytona Coupe, but only cost half as much and it gets 31 mpg on the road (the Daytona gets 22 but has 600 hp).

Favorite Features

The ride and the quiet. The finish of the car is excellent. Everything fits precisely.

Suggested Improvements

More horsepower and an optional sports suspension. 50 more horses ought to make this a really fun car to drive.

Here's the skinny on the ES 350
By tomselina

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first Lexus, and now I understand. Beautiful car with a great balance of upscale comfort/technology and power/performance. In only a few days worth of mixed driving, I'm averaging 26.5 mpg. The Mark Levinson DVD/nav system is incomparable, and the Bluetooth system works great. It plays telephone sound out of driver's front speaker on the dash with microphone near the rear view mirror. People don't know you're on a speakerphone. Plenty of room for 4 adults, possibly 5. Like the backup camera, front and rear backup sensors, and the keyless entry and push button start.

Favorite Features

Mark Levinson DVD/nav is awesome. Play a DVD and watch it on the nav screen while you're parked (listen to it while driving), fabulous sound. Rear glass roof/shade on UL package very nice. Very quiet ride, great Bluetooth, comprehensive nav. Smooth tranny and power. Push button start/stop.

Suggested Improvements

Didn't need all the Ultra Luxury stuff, but couldn't get ML audio without it at dealerships. Can't order Sirius anymore (had reception issues) from the factory. Have to use touchscreen on nav. to access climate fan speeds. No steering controls for it like in our Expedition.

ES 350
By Allan Spanjer

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My experience with this car so far has been good except for the ventilated seats, driver and passenger, which are agonizingly uncomfortable. The lumbar support digs into your back and cannot be adjusted sufficiently to correct the problem. I tried to get the company to deal with this, but they said it could not be fixed and they blew me off. I sat in other models to compare seats. The nonventilated seats are more comfortable, but none of them compares favorably to the sports model.

Favorite Features

It's just a car - no exceptional features unique to Lexus.

Suggested Improvements

The navigation system needs a lot of help. It is way too difficult to operate. Small identifying lights for the garage opener and moon roof would help.

2007 Lexus ES 350
By Lexbg

2007 Lexus ES 350 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car 10 months with 11,000 miles currently and have read all reviews. I agree with jerky transmission when below freezing, otherwise OK and you get used to the transmission. Be careful when coming to the first couple of stop lights because it will jerk. No mechanical issues but dashboard has this creaking noise every time I hit a bump. If you turn up radio you don't hear it but I don't always want to listen to the radio that loud. I have taken it to dealership twice and very helpful but no solution. They said something about rubber stoppers that are between glass and dashboard. Surely this will be a recall on the initial builds.

Favorite Features

Exterior design I love and I like the interior overall. Having the middle comfort model has better seats with more cushion.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission and rattles in dashboard and interior.