Used 1997 Lexus ES 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Lexus ES 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (50 reviews )

Solid ride!
By B

1997 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is great! I bought it in June '09 after doing much research here on Edmunds. I had a tight budget ($5000) and I needed to find a car that would be reliable and well built. The ES300 had great reviews so I thought I would get it and it truly is a great ride. I get compliments all the time, most people think it is newer and more expensive than it actually is. My ES is smooth, quiet, and is somewhat fuel efficient in the city and great on the highway (30 mpg from CO to CA). So far I have had no problems with the car and I plan on driving many more trouble free miles. I just wish it had a little more power, it has enough passing power it's just a little slow off the line. I love my Lexus!

My favorite features are the leather seats which are comfy and supportive (they also have memory settings for 2 drivers!), the 6-CD changer thats mounted in the glove-box and not in the trunk, the sunroof and the auto A/C. I also love the look of the car! The design is timeless!

The only things I don't like about the car is that the cup holders are useless and it should get better MPG. I'm sure Lexus has fixed these problems by now.

The BEST Car!
By 757s bezt

1997 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love my 97 Lexus ES 300, it's my baby! Every time I pull up to work people stop and stare! It looks very nice and it's real dependable. I make sure I get my oil changed on time and anti freeze changed. The only thing is the radio and clock...they don't last that long...lol but other than that it's excellent. My mom has 300,000 miles on her 94 ES 300 and it still runs better than any new vehicle out there!

Exterior. Leather Seats. Heated seats. Cruise.

Radio. Clock. Cup holders (lol).

Not too bad of a choice for the money.
By Roman

1997 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Well... When I bought it four years ago I thought it was a perfect car, and it is close to that. However, I had to change rear bushings, fix brakes, change timing belt, rotors, window motor went down (when driving on highway), stabilizers had to be changed, wheel bearings had to be changed, exhaust, the heater on driver's seat stopped working right before last winter. So... this car always took me from point A to point B with comfort, but it's not as perfect as it may seem to be. Lexus is reliable, but far from perfect. The best car I had so far was Civic (but again, it was practically new).

Exterior style. Doesn't look out of style even after 12 years. Comfortable ride. It does take you from point A to point B, even if you have to change some parts now and then. Heated seats (when work).

Long term quality.

Lexus Makes Great Cars
By John R

1997 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I've had my 1997 ES300 for 10 years traveling 188,000 dependable miles. Best car I've ever owned. If fact, I purchased a brand new 2007 GS350 AWD, with everything, because of my 1997 ES300 experience.

Perfect... Even after the Crash
By Okus1984

1997 Lexus ES 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan

The car was orig. bought at 115k in 04' by a relative. She totaled it out this winter. I bought it from her, and put work into it myself. The car looks brand new now. (only cost me $550 in parts) Even after the crash this car drives like new! It's fast enough to get up and go. The gas mileage is great! It's comfortable to drive. It's been on numerous 8 hour road trips. I love Lexus. I have owned a Sc400, Ls400, 96 ES, and I have a RX300. I love Lexus! No wonder they are the TOP Luxury Car company in America! BTW nite and day difference from the 96' and below ES.

Gas Mileage! Indash CD Player. Great Power Engine!

LED Stereo light. Cheaper Parts.

• SUV