Used 2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific LR3 model:

Fabulous Beast
By bgsntth

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just turned in our SE V8. It was a truly wonderful truck, and we fully utilized every aspect of its function and performance. We have had many luxury SUV's that performed the dual duty of soccer mom mobile and ranch truck. The LR3 exceeded beyond everything in both aspects, and was more reliable than all the others barring the Lexus GX. Cargo area is huge, rear seats are roomy and comfortable for adults, off-road capability with Terrain-response is w/o peer -barring my wife's '08 RR. Only wish it had the Dynamic Response and a diesel option.

Three usable rows and massive cargo capability in a vehicle that is only 190"x176". Good handling, high-speed stability, and braking. Exterior/Interior are very durable. I drove through high bush and never had a scratch or door ding;mainly due to the side steps,brush guard,height ctrl, body plastic

Give us the V6 or V8 diesel. Damping control. Dynamic Response. Lumbar controls in lower models. No sunroof option. Alignment issues. Brake wear issues and replacement costs, though dealers love this....

headrests
By shawn moore

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This is my second Land Rover, they are just not the same anymore. The headrests are so poorly positioned that I am spending a fortune on neck pain!!! Land Rover North America is not doing anything for me!! Tires, had to be replaced at 13,000 miles. LR3 broke down for no reason and they still don't know why. It is not a safe or comfortable vehicle. Buy a toyota, at least they hold some value!

Body design and third row seats.

Change headrests and put SUV tires on new vehicles.

LR3 Review
By Darley

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV HSE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This truck is driven mostly as a family shuttle and grocery getter. But there's the occasional roadtrip up and down the east coast, when I really make use of the 300HP and command feature. This truck comes alive at high speeds and the ride feel solid, but luxurious. Poor on gas, but what do you expect from a 3 ton truck. I suggest replace the air filter with a K & N for better fuel mileage and performance. I really enjoy the LR3's blend of the utilitarian look with the luxury amenities. If you're in the market for a purposeful luxury truck, the LR3 is the quentatiential vehicle for you. It doesn't scream poseur, ostentatious, or what’s the point like many competitors.

The 3rd row seats and cooler box are my favorite features. I also like the Terrain Response System. I've used it numerous time in urban dridlock situations from climbing stairs to fording through street floodings.

The HEADREST! please make that thing adjustable. Please reposition the memory seat controls they are difficult to get to when the door is closed. Replace Goodyear at OEM tires, they diminish the ride quality, are noisy, and reduce the effective of the terrain response system. Update the interior.

Disco III?
By autopower

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

This LR3 was a loaner in great condition. Was looking for a Disco II but could not find one in the condition I wanted. The driving position is great. The Xenon headlamps are wonderful. I can attest to the outstanding off-road capability of the LR3 [thank you Land Rover Driving Experience]. I now have over 20000 miles on it, and no problems. I average about 17.5 mpg in mixed driving. The 3rd row is more tolerable for adults on short trips than my previous Acura MDX. I usually have the 3rd row folded flat with a mat over it for cargo duty. It does it all.

Air suspension...off-road capability...driving safety/ security...Bluetooth...Harmon/Kardon sound system...a moonroof for each row.

Make the Bluetooth more usable, such as access to numbers stored in the phone [BMW has done it right].

Considering a Land Rover?
By beavers52

2006 Land Rover LR3 SUV SE 4dr SUV 4WD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I would encourage anyone considering the purchase of a new Land Rover to do your research - review customer comments, check JD Powers ratings, etc. I wish I had done so. Unfortunately, I purchased a new LR3. Nothing but problems with the vehicle - cheap interior parts - electrical problems - frequent mechanical issues. I would encourage anyone considering a purchase of a LR to think twice before doing so - there has got to me more to a car than "good looks".

Exterior looks