Little things mean a lot
By minaramsey on
2014 Kia Forte EX 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
Have had the Forte EX w/Premium package since April 2013, and like it well enough. It will never be a car I love, and Kia has not won my brand loyalty with this model.
Favorite Features
The interior at this price point is unmatched as far as quality and thoughtfulness of layout. Controls are not quite intuitive on some things and so are not as easy to use as I expected, which takes away from the voice and touch-screen functionality. Keyless entry is also a nice feature, but the car is frequently confused when my spouse and I are both carrying our keys. We cannot, for example, intentionally lock a key in the trunk (if it is say, inside my luggage on the way to the airport.)
Suggested Improvements
My biggest annoyance with this car is the heating system. I cannot drive in Seattle's weather (around 40F in the winter) without having to keep the defrost on constantly so that the windshield doesn't fog over - regardless of how long the car has had to warm up or how long I've been driving. This means I'm nearly always cold in the car. Kia has acknowledged this is a "known issue" but stated that they do not have a fix for it. A small thing, but a daily reminder that my brand new car isn't working the way it should. It would also be nice if the odometer display would default to showing MPG rather than average speed driven. Of course, I am using more fuel than I did in my Jetta...
By kommentlhogin
on 03/19/14 07:40 AM (PDT)

You know that you can always turn up the temperature dial in the defrost mode, right?

By lrinnc
on 03/27/14 06:17 AM (PDT)

A tip: I have discovered that in any car if you turn on the a/c, hit "recirculate", then also turn up the heat control, you will both warm and defrost/dehumidify your car interior. Works great in cool, humid weather.