Mine rusts too - before 4K miles
By Jarhead on
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X 4dr SUV (3.8L 6cyl 6M)
Really, really like the Jeep idea - the wife hates it, however. This is my 3rd (I think). The 4dr is surprisingly comfortable (vs. earlier Jeeps). Similar to other posts, I have had annoying RUST on various (hopefully) insignificant parts of the Jeep. I feel just like I bought a 1970 something CJ. Worse - the dealers want to "take photos" for evaluation at HQ. Wimps. I also had the clutch replaced earlier this year (4K miles). Yikes. The only thing that is worse is that I'm honestly thinking of selling my silver 07 (with 5K miles) and buying a black 08. Why? So the rust does not show as fast! I'll probably always have a Jeep - no matter how poorly they are made! Sick, isn't it?
Favorite Features
4 dr looks and (for a Jeep) comfort. new soft top is really strong - great work.
Suggested Improvements
First, doesn't the Chrysler commercial say something like, "Did you get the Hemi?" Good idea here, I think. Second, have some engineer go back to school and figure out how to make razor thin metal that doesn't RUST overnight. Everyone else figured it out - try a bit harder next time!