1990 Jeep Wrangler - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:
Bulletproof construction, fun to drive
By Buddy Ochoa on 08/27/08 20:07 PM (PDT)

1990 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

I haven't had this for long. It's very simple. No power steering, ABS, AC, or anything extra except the aftermarket pioneer radio. Off roads nice and has great ground clearance even with stock sized tires and no lift. Always starts up and is ready to go.

The way a Jeep ought to be
By A Real Jeep on 08/15/07 19:26 PM (PDT)

1990 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

Remember when you got a Jeep because the bumpy ride was part of the reason to own one. Well this is that Jeep. If you ever had a buddy that had an old army Jeep and can remember driving through fields and bouncing around then this Jeep will take you right back to those days. They are just short of a small tank. Mine has all the aftermarket stuff and I don't know if there is much out there that would really hurt it. Trees, brush, even a deer (oh how I hate it when they do jump out in front of ya.) But hey it will hit it and you never feel anything but the bump.

Bulletproof Car!
By Ryan85 on 12/28/05 13:58 PM (PST)

1990 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

I have my YJ lifted 5 1/2" on 33's and love it more than any car I've owned. I have owned over 17 in my lifetime. I drive this car very hard and take it on difficult offroad trails. This is also my daily driver, vacation vehicle and commuter to work. Keep in mind when buying that this is not a smooth driving car, not showy on the interior, but will last you along time and is very easy and cheap to repair. I rock climb, mud bogg, trail ride and drive it on the beach. This is an excellent vehicle.

1990 Jeep Wrangler
By Gryphon627 on 10/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

The 1990 Jeep Wrangler: you either love it or hate it. It should not be mistaken as civil or even practical. Everything about this vehicle is very stark and raw, from the trademark styling, to the spartan interior, flimsy tedious-to-install soft top, and stiff suspension setup. This vehicle is built for aggressive off-road performance, not for handling and everyday tooling around. What makes it appealling is its honest, hard-working image, its macho mystique and heritage, and yes, it will go anywhere...within reason. I recommend this vehicle to people looking for a fun 2nd car to tackle the trails or just to putz around with the top off on a sunny day.

behind the music: the jeep wrangler
By AuBree on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Jeep Wrangler 2dr SUV 4WD

This car is amazing, it has been so much for my friends and I that I am really reluctant to sell it. I love this car and it has always been really good to me. Anyone who owns this car will be blessed with really amazing road trips, even trips to the gas station will seem memorable.