2004 Infiniti I35 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (68 reviews )
Infiniti I35 17k miles!
By cardriver1234 on 03/07/13 16:23 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just recently purchased my 2004 Infinit I35 from an elderly woman who was the only owner of the car before I got it, Amazingly it only has 17k miles on it and it apart from a few small scratches on the outside the interior looks brand new! Great to drive, very quiet, and comfortable I am just completely in love with this car and think I definately got it for a steal at 9,000!

Fantastic car
By acarguy4 on 04/03/12 18:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Car has been fantastic. Over the past few thousand miles, I average 27.1 mpg. I live in CO and love the heated steering wheel and seats. Can't complain about anything. Actually trying to find a car to replace both my F150 and I35 but cannot find one that matches the combination of these two vehicles. The car just has too many features. I bought it for 10k with 49k mikes last year. There is no way you can find this reliability, these options and this mpg for under 10k...I wish they still made the I series...I hate the squished feeling of the new models.

Still Ticking!
By speed demon on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new SIX years ago! It's still running like a champ with 113,000 miles on it. (I'm an assertive driver, ok AGGRESSIVE) It's almost ready for second replacement of tires. I've only replaced 2 things, shocks/struts. (again, I don't drive like a grandmother and I live on country roads) and an engine gasket. Everything else has been regular maintenance. Drives great in snow, I've only been stuck twice in my country driveway. I don't usually keep cars this long.. I get tired of them, but I haven't found anything better for my money. Will keep for my teenage daughter to drive in a couple years. Probably the only car I would ever buy used.. if I could find one!

A cadillac of an Infiniti
By leftcoaster on 07/06/10 09:29 AM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Dad had this and passed away with 13K miles on it. It was his third I35. I took the car and bought it out after the lease was up. It's 2010 and I have 46,000 miles on it and it drives like the day I got it. This car has been great. It's a big cushy ride with a huge interior and trunk, a monster of a 3.6 liter engine that goes like a bat out of hell. Only con is the mileage but all of the Nissan 3.6 liter engines are beasts and don't get good mileage. Otherwise, the car has been flawless. All in all, this was Infiniti's version of a Cadillac and I expect to have it for a long time barring any unforeseen breakdowns. I guess I'll get a G37 when the interior breaks down.

20,000 mile review
By AJ on 04/18/10 21:26 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2004 Infiniti I35 in October of 2008 with 45,000 miles from an Infiniti dealer. I now have 66,000 miles on the car. I think the car has ample power although I would have liked to see more. I would expect better gas mileage, I drive mostly city and get only 17 MPG. I like the size of the car, it has plenty of room front and rear. I like the rear sunshade it keeps the car cool and gives some privacy. The Bose sound system is really nice.

Great Car
By Larry on 04/01/10 20:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 4th Infiniti, and by far the nicest I've owned. The 3.5 engine has plenty of muscle for me, the car looks great, and the ride is extremely comfortable. Great sound system, excellent climate control system, the heated seats and heated steering wheel have spoiled me this past winter. Huge trunk, fold down seats make carrying my 88 key digital piano a breeze. Cruise control is smooth, radio controls on steering wheel are easy to use. These cars are so dependable and maintenance costs are reasonable. I have never taken my Infiniti to a mechanic for repairs and been shocked by the cost of the repair. This car has been a pleasure to own. what's not to like about this car?

Excellant car
By Beauty on 03/26/10 19:32 PM (PDT)

2004 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great car. Have had many Maxima's previously. This is even more reliable, comfortable and fun to drive than they were. No problems with it. I have put over 35,000 miles on it with only oil changes. The alloy wheels do lose air if a pot hole is hit. Other than that no complaints.

Original owner loves this car!!!
By John on 02/07/10 07:26 AM (PST)

2004 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new as the first G35 was coming out and Infiniti was phasing out the i series and the lot had the last five to choose from. This car had a lot of luxury for the money! I was skeptical about rear wheel drive car in winter of the G's and the G had a much smaller cabin and fewer standard features. No regrets! Very speedy off the line if you jump on it, We get 28/29 mpg on highway, 20 commuting around town. Comfortable over over long distances, huge trunk. Now have 74,000 miles on it, out of warranty and worried about major repairs. Looking to trade it in while I can still get $10k for it

Exceptional Value! Best Used Car To Buy!
By Flatabulous on 12/28/09 13:56 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had recently come into a decent job and I was looking for a car to replace my 93 Pontiac Grand Prix. I found a Black 2004 w/ 101,000 I35 for 6300$. I fell in love with the car immediately, the first driving experience I had with a real car. It handles very well, drove on ice the couple times I drove, and was just shocked at how well Infiniti does with building their cars. Everyone gets to drive these cars up to 150,000 miles+. I had every intention of doing this. Unfortunately I was stopped at a red light and a kid on his phone hit me going 50 mph. Again, the car did very well and all I got was a sore couple of weeks. I would encourage anyone looking for a used car research and purchase.

2004 I35
By AJ on 02/18/09 21:16 PM (PST)

2004 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Downsized from a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee which I loved but started getting old. I purchased this Infiniti about four months ago. It's a 2004 white and I bought it with 45,000 miles on it. The Bose sound is great. The car performs great with ample power. Leather is really nice along with the rear sunshade. When driving for more than a half hour back starts to hurt, maybe its because I'm a tall and used to driving an SUV. Overall really nice car.