2009 Infiniti G37 Consumer Review: A special car I never thought

2009 Infiniti G37 - Consumer Review

x Sedan (3.7L V6 AWD 7-speed Automatic)

A special car I never thought I would own.
By jimstack41 on

2009 Infiniti G37 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

A friend who owns a used car dealership found my 09 G37x S with the 7 speed auto and paddle shifters at a regional auction. Barely 30,000 miles and a one-owner history! Black on black, 4dr. Nav system, Bose stereo, 18" wheels, All the goodies!. I never thought I would be able to afford this. The price was right and I did the mechanical work, four Michelin MXM4 tires and some detail touch ups. The car is perfect. I am out the door and on the road for $28K. Unbelievable! At my age this is the perfect car. A great combination of performance and luxury. It also is incredibly good looking.

Favorite Features

True performance: handling, acceleration, ride, sound. Very tight on the road; great in the corners, but the best part is the stunningly fluid acceleration! 30 to 80 or 60 to 100; it seems to happen in a heartbeat! Combine this with... Great luxury features: Bose audio, NAV, back up camera, quiet on the road, auto heat/air controls, Bluetooth, steering wheel controls, and all the small touches like the hip and side power drivers seat controls, the memory system, the music box hard drive and display screen. What is the best luxury feature? At 6'2" and 230 pounds I am very comfortable and there no aches after 3.5 hours behind the wheel- so I guess the best is the seat!. I love it all!

Suggested Improvements

Okay, I'm 60 years old, but I worked my way through college as a mechanic and I raced Mustangs. I am a "car guy" and proud of it. If I was half my age, I'd be driving a Mustang GT or a Vette. I feel this is the perfect combo of get up and go, but do it in comfort, driving. I have done over 3,000 miles in 5 weeks in all weather,on all roads. Infinity got it right! (The BMW was too small and too expensive). When (or if) I find something wrong, I'll be back! Right now I leave you with one word; Awesome!