2006 Infiniti FX45 SUV - Consumer Reviews

Base 4.5L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )
Really sharp SUV
By kevinginny on 09/05/10 08:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX45 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Great performance SUV. Everyone has their take on the styling, I happen to love it. My wife has a Nissan Maxima and I had a hard time believing that the 3.5 V6 could push this big SUV around, so that's why I went for the FX45. Great power, great torque and I love the engine "note". The SUV really handles very well. The compromise to the styling is a pretty small cargo area. The "stiff ride" everyone talks about works VERY well for me. My Chevy Avalanche felt like I was driving a sofa around corners, the FX45 is very tight, but it's not a cushy ride. So far I love my FX45.

Fun Sporty SUV
By Heather on 05/15/10 18:53 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX45 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

If you are looking for a soft, cushy ride and great gas mileage, this car is not for you. If you are looking for an SUV that drives like a sports car, get an FX45. The FX45 seems similar to the G35 I traded, just higher off the ground and bigger. Ride is a bit bumpy, but that is what you get with an SUV that is built on a sports car platform. The only down side for me is the gas mileage. I have been getting between 15 and 17 mpg around town. I was debating between the 35 and the 45, went with the 45 because it feels "heavier" when you drive it and the gas mileage is about the same (the V8 doesn't have to work as hard). Also looked at BMW and Lexus SUV...the FX45 won me over by far!

Whoosh!
By TB on 07/29/08 13:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX45 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Have now put about 15k on my FX45. It is a blast to drive! It corners like a sports car and is very fast. My only suggested change is to offer a softer suspension option. Some people do not like the sports car "feel." You do notice the expansion joints and potholes but no more so than in a Grand Cherokee Overland (my last vehicle). The rear camera is fabulous and the sound system is near perfect. Seats are great and the handling is superb. I have had no mechanical problems at all. Storage space is a little tight for an SUV, but the FX45 is all about driving, not hauling gear. If you love driving but need to carry a load sometimes, this is the vehicle for you. Well done Infiniti!

Love the car - but it's not effortless
By JCB on 04/29/08 18:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX45 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Love the car; quick and responsive; good handling; roomy and plenty of head room (husband 6'3"). Love the backup camera. You have to hold on to the steering wheel to drive this car - gets a little tiring.

FX45 - A very good choice
By emkayzen on 01/02/07 12:56 PM (PST)

2006 Infiniti FX45 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

So far I have put 1400 miles on this car. It is a fun to drive car. But initially i did not enjoy it so much, maybe because I have been driving a Toyota Camry V6 for past 10 years and that is a dead silent car which soaks all the potholes in the road. FX45 has very good power and very good handling. Looks are quite aggressive.

It Delivers!
By Dwalk on 10/21/06 15:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX45 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Just put on the first 1,000 miles so still not broken in yet. Early impression is that it's deceptively powerful. It cruises just fine, but hit the gas and acceleration is swift and immediate. A nice blend between luxury and sportiness, but leans more towards the sporty side. The manual shift mode is lots of fun. Lots of admiring glances when driving, and the new interior is high quality and comfortable. I like the layout of the controls and color display. My kids like the entertainment system and rear reclining seats. Overall great fit and finish.

FX45 2006 BEAUTY IN BLACK
By GTFX45 on 10/13/06 08:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX45 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second FX45. First one was 2003 model. Dealers tried to convince me for FX 35 but I still like FX45 better. I love the changes they did for 2006 model year. This one is loaded with everything they offer. It drives even better than the previous model. Beautiful interior finish. Love the black color with espresso. Drove Bmw X5, Porsche Cayenne, Range Rover sport, Mercedes ML 500, Lexus but nothing feels and drives like this FX45. I highly recommend it. Hey, after all this is my second FX45 and still beats the competition. Suspensions are much better on this model even with the 20" wheels. Never had problems with blind spots.

Great Vehicle
By Ty on 09/18/06 18:15 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX45 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

Definitely grows on you as far as the style. The Specs and features and a sure hit. The Sports car of the luxury SUV world.

Bionic FX 45
By Native from Hawaii on 09/18/06 01:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX45 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

After SUV's from Toyota and Lexus, this marks my second FX from Infiniti. I purchased by first FX (35) with much anxiety. "The design transforms..." What a great ride! Seductive, yet functional. People notice!!! Provokes responses... Handling is sporty, yet with a luxury flair. My Infiniti Dealership support is superb. Very accommodating for those informational tidbits/recalls I obtained through the internet Nissan/Infiniti blogs and corporate offices. With the new FX 45 in my garage, I feel the power of the 320 HP V8 AWD calling to me. What a pleasure to capture the on-ramps on our tiny island freeways at 0 to 60 in approximately 6 seconds.

super car
By deholley on 06/24/06 03:37 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti FX45 SUV 4dr SUV AWD (4.5L 8cyl 5A)

fun to drive excellent power and handling has all the bells and whistles does have blind spots in rear, but has rear view display on console. best car i have owened.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.