2004 Hyundai Tiburon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tiburon model:
Very Fun, Needs MORE POWER
By gr8ful4tori on 08/16/13 07:52 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 04 Tiburon 4cyl in September of 2012 with 100k on it, That was a year ago. Overall it is a decent car and VERY fun to drive, I just wish it had more power. I live in NY and this car did better in the snow than I thought it would (Hankook S1 Noble2 tires are awesome). The seats are Very uncomfortable and the back seat is almost pointless.

200k Miles Later...
By lovemygt04 on 03/26/13 13:10 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 04 GT in Sept of 06 with 30,000 miles. I just traded it last month at just under 200,000 miles. (187k) I've LOVED this car since the day I bought it! I was 19 when I bought it, so this poor car had more than it's fair share of abuse, and the Tiburon responded very well under the pressure. I did very few repairs, especially for such high mileage! None of the repairs were big ticket items, such as engine or transmission issues. More of the pesky nature, like struts, tires, and brakes. Overall I LOVED this car, and was very tempted to buy another, but set my sights on the Genesis Coupe! Hyundai has exceeded my expectations, and I am now a loyal Hyundai owner.

WORST CAR
By nicolemarija on 12/07/12 22:02 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

i bought this car full out from a girl at 106,000 i didntt pay much for it and its such a gorgeous cars, the girl took care of her and only took her out in summer, she said that hyundais have alot of problems and shes had to replace so much stuff and sold it to me for cheap, 4 months later shit started happening, brakes gave out.. i dont ever use my brakes inless i have to I gear down with my standard, then everything seem fined then my brakes nnow are giving out AGAIN, and sos my clutch, my car burns oil like CRAZY but when i bring it in they say theres no leak. then today I got home from work pulled my ebreak and then all of a sudden my check engine light camee on & wont go away, worst car

Fun sport car and great MPG vehicle!!
By edumorales on 11/18/12 15:46 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in April with 68,000 miles. . I am the second owner of the vehicle. So far, I am very satisfied with its performance, both in highway and city. It is a very fun to drive and very powerful for its 4 cylinder engine (I drive the 5 speed transmission). When it comes to mpg performance, it varies by fuel brand and driving conditions, like weather altitude, etc. I drive from Chino to Moreno Valley, California on a daily basis, and occasionally to the Los Angeles and San Diego area. Vehicle definitely performs better when driving close to those cities at sea level, and obtains better mpg under those conditions. After seven months, all I can say is that this is a great car!!

Still makes me smile!
By yulia_gk on 06/29/12 11:36 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 5M)

I am the second owner of my Tib, and it has been a pretty decent car in all respects. The V6 is still sharp after all of these years and I've been able to keep the car in good shape with relative little expense. With good attention to vehicle care, the factory leather and interior still look outstanding. Reliability is worth considering if you look at a used Tib - sensor quality is low and many are prone to failure. The clutch is also known for premature failure in Tibs - my car is on #3 in 110k. Modification of the clutch slave delay valve can improve clutch performance. In spite of all of that, I find the car relatively easy to work on and fun to own! Great value overall!

I love my car
By bakblondie on 04/25/12 21:37 PM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my car in 2004 new and got many compliments on it...it is currently 8 years old, only has 49,000 miles and still drives and looks like new. Only problem I have had is buying a new battery and changing out the front tires. I would buy this car again, except my next car is going to be a luxury car instead of a sports car.

Love this car but it has too many flaws...
By wicked_gk on 02/09/12 08:08 AM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Tiburon GT new in 2004. Day two of purchase my drivers window motor gave out. Warranty coverage the cost. I also had a fuel return hose rupture and fuel was spraying everywhere because Hyundai cheap hoses. Luckily nothing caught on fire and Ive read this is a common issues. The engine is very very sensitive to mods and will cause bad MAF and 02 readings. I loved the car because it was my first new car ever but i had way too many problems. I sold it at 55k miles only because of electrical and engine problems. You must use OEM oil filters or the internal HLA's will click. The 2.7L v6 is Hyundai's worst engine. Their new engines are much better since they are not mitsubishi built

2004 Tiburon V6 2-door coupe-Trouble
By ucppsych on 11/28/11 17:23 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 Special Edition 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this car brand new. Received a lot of compliments. It only has 50,000 miles on it. Prior to this the headlight, lens covers turned a dark yellow. The rubber around all the doors look like it's a 3 yr. old car. Ashtray light burned out, check engine light continues to go on and off, side power window won't go up or down, airbag light stays on, rear caliper froze-cost 400.00 to replace. Co2 sensor needed to be replaced..another 400+.The sunroof leaks like a sive into my lap. Coating on the mirrors are peeling off leaving it dull. Cannot repaint because it's still peeling. Now it's hard to start, then stalls. No one knows why. Loud sound in the front end when you turn the wheel.

Affordable and Sporty
By jbeeber on 04/03/11 10:54 AM (PDT)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 2dr Coupe (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

When I decided that it was time for me to get a new car I was really looking for an affordable Mustang. I could not find the Mustang I was looking for and found this car instead. I am very glad that I found this car. I see Mustangs all the time but only once or twice have I ever seen a Tiburon driving around. This car is a great choice for anyone who wants a sporty, rare, and affordable vehicle.

Very good for the money
By darandell on 01/07/11 13:48 PM (PST)

2004 Hyundai Tiburon 2dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

Everyone who has had a complaint seems to have the manual tranny. While admittedly the automatic is not super powerful, it is a 2.0L 4cyl so what did you expect...? Brake pads changed at 125,000km and 200,000. Rortors replaced at 200,000 (could have machined, but chose to replace. Small things like wiper motor and washer fluid pump went, but $30 on eBay and some elbow grease fixed it up well. At 220,000kms now and I need some suspension work, but even with not so frequent oil changes (every 9,000 or so kms) the thing is a beauty. Original battery just went at 220,000. Fantastic vehicle for the money I paid for it. Way hotter than the Genesis.