can't complain - lots of car for the money
By bubber1 on
2012 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 8A)
I got a great deal on a 2012 genesis with the premium package - just a hair over $34k. After I got done pricing out an Exl Accord, the choice was simple. This car is loaded -- fantastic sound system, great navigation, adjustable lumbar support, upgraded leather, huge backseat and trunk. Really like driving this car. Its slick and classy looking without looking too sports car-like. I got the rebadging package to add the genesis wings to everything, which looks better IMO. I've been getting about 23 average on MPG, which is worse than my old 4 cylinder Honda but not that much worse, and better than most V6 cars. Tops out at 29 on freeway.
Favorite Features
I think my favorite part is the look. Very classy, subtle look. Distinctive. Leather is great. In general, it seems like this car is a real bargain. I was over in South Korea recently and they are very popular over there. They also sell for a lot more over there, as well. There is a US discount, apparently; I don't understand why exactly.
Suggested Improvements
My only complaint is that the blue tooth is buggy on my Verizon FAscinate phone. It works, then it doesn't. My wife's IPhone works perfectly. Also, getting the home link to program to my garage was a pain and I still was only able to get one door programmed. I think thats less a function of the car and more a function of my general tech idiocy, but the manual instructions weren't so great IMO.
By bmb1767
on 06/15/12 08:17 AM (PDT)

Make sure you are following the directions for the Home Link system found in the owner's manual. I tried to go by the quick start guide and literally about threw it out of the car. I was going through the owner's guide and noticed the directions were different. I tried those instructions and it was quick and easy.