2011 Hyundai Equus Consumer Review: Outstanding car and value

2011 Hyundai Equus - Consumer Review

2011 Hyundai Equus

Ultimate Sedan (4.6L V8 6-speed Automatic)

Outstanding car and value
By scuff on

2011 Hyundai Equus Ultimate 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I found, to my surprise, that I really like the forward looking camera.
The ride and comfort are very good.

Quiet and lots of conveniences.
Could do without the ashtrays and would like a bit more storage in front.
Auto closing trunk is great.

I drove LS 460s for 20 years but could not turn down the fabulous value of the Equus.
I'm not sorry I switched.

I didn't feel I needed the 5 liter engine or 8 speed thansmission. I don't.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this car to anyone.
It is a great machine and the service at the dealer has been very good so far.

Great looking car. Front camera is handy. Automatically closing trunk is convenient. Automatic brake when stopped is a plus. At one time this was called a "hill holder" and works great in San Francisco. The analog clock makes getting a quick time check easy and safe. Controls are convenient and quite intuitive. I bought a demo/dealer car with about 3,600 miles on it. There were a couple of small chips in the rocker panel paint. It's Saturday and I just called to make the appointment to fix that. The dealer is picking up the car and leaving me a loaner on Monday morning. I like that feature.

I'd like to see the Signature with the automatic trunk closer and the front facing camera because it would be nice to be able to have room for five passengers instead of the four in the Ultimate and I like those two features. I don't have a chauffeur so don't need the reclining seat or refrigerator. I know the Japanese and Korean Bosses like to be driven but I doubt if any are used that way in the USA. More front seat storage would be nice. More color choices are needed though I'm happy with the Pearl White and Cashmere interior.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review