Used 2007 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Element SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda Element SUV

View reviews for a specific Element model:

FUN and Practical
By John

2007 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I chose the EX because I did not want carpeting,just vacuum and wipe down with a sponge. EX features are worth the extra cost over the LX, map light, arm rests, stereo, ect.In Florida rainstorms,the AWD is great.I carry lots of gear and you can configure the back end many different ways.I love the feel. A bit of road noise but the sound system in the EX drowns it out. I would like better mpg.I get 19cty and 24hwy. I recommend fog lights and the optional console for extra storage space. I HATE the sunroof! There should be a sliding cover to keep out the heat. In Florida, my backseat passengers are cooking! I plan on getting extra heavy tint for that. I recommend it and would buy it again.

Roomy seating, good leg and headroom-front and back. Dash display with blue lights are cool. Sound system. Fold down and removable back seats. No carpeting, easy to clean. I haven't tried to hose out the car yet. Best of all, it's fun to drive. Suicide doors are nice, but (see below)!

Needs better mpg for such a small engine. Needs a cover for the sunroof on AWD models. What idiot designed that? Some of the plastic interior trim is cheesy. Suicide doors need to open wider to get passengers out in tight parking spots.

Good Little SUV
By John

2007 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 Honda Element EX in May, 2007, and I've put about 3,000 miles on it so far. It's run fine with no problems. The 166 HP engine is smooth and peppy, but it isn't going to win any drag races. Fuel economy around town is only about 18 mpg, but I've been getting 29-30 mpg on the highway. This car is great for hauling my eight-year old son and his gear and is great for hauling my bicycle to rides. I don't have to take the front wheel off. I just fold one of the rear seats up on the side of the car and throw my bike in the back. The front seats are comfortable and firm. Plenty of head room (I'm 6'2"). Plenty of leg room in the back seat, too.

Cargo capacity. Rear seats fold up to sides of vehicle. Lots of features for the money. XM radio standard. Seven speaker stereo standard. Side air-bags standard. VSC standard.

Better tires. Ride is a little on the rough side. I think this may be due to the mediocre OEM tires. External themometer.

Root Beer Metallic is so cool
By 30309

2007 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Honda Element, I owned a 2005 EX and loved the car but was not impressed with the over all ride quality. Honda stepped up to the plate with the 2007 SC, this Element handles extremely well and at high speed the car is smooth and quiet.

The color Root Beer Metallic, upgraded interior, 18" wheels, sleek looks, smooth as silk 5sp transmission and ride quality.

The SC needs 6sp manual, metal pedals and maybe just a bit more horsepower

Something different and fun to drive
By Lisa

2007 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I needed to purchase a car with room. I've always owned sports cars. I purchased my Ellie for a couple of reasons. The first is because I loved the looks of it, something different, not your typical SUV. Second is because I have a physical disability. I need to have room for my walker or when I go somewhere that I need to bring my scooter, I just have the back seats folded up and up the ramp it goes! No problem.

What first caught my eyes was the suicide doors. I love the room it gives when both are opened. Comfortable seats. AWD feature, stereo system, the looks alone, it's just a great vehicle!

Cars I used to own had a trunk release button on inside by driver. Honda should do that for the top window part in the back. That would help anyone who has balance issues due to a disability. Blind spots where the two doors meet. I have to drive with tilt down, I'm unable to read speedometer.

I love my 2007 Element SC!!
By Torey Simmons

2007 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 Honda Element SC in 06/07. I traded in a 06 Silverado Crew Cab. My element is so much easier to drive and to park. I get double the gas mileage also. I still have plenty of room for passengers and luggage. For the past several years I've traded in my car every 1-2 years but not this one. I absolutely LOVE it. Thank you Honda for a great vehicle! It's awesome to drive too.

The turning radius is my favorite feature along with the XM radio.

I'm 6'2" so I had to lean my seat back a little to see the speedometer completely because the tilt steering would not raise high enough.