Used 2007 Honda Element SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Element - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Element model:

Most Helpful|
A pretty cool box
By New Honda owner

2007 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in 07 Nissan Frontier CC with 39,000 miles. Needed more space for kids. Element fits the bill. Rear seats with surprising amount of space, front seats ok. Cargo capacity just right. Engine performance pretty good, but a bit noisy. A/C nice and cold in So Cal desert. Made a good choice.

Favorite Features

XM radio good, btr than I thought it would be, interior space, exterior design is still the best compared to Scion( too physically small and soft).

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a tad bit more power or diesel in the future, increase load capacity, AWD in SC without the 18s.

Element SC - Too many problems
By iPhoneholio

2007 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Cons: The Element is my first Honda and probably the last. Reliability and build quality was surprisingly poor with subpar components. Tires wore out at 24,000 miles, all new brakes (rotors & pads) at 30,000, speedometer broke at 5,000 miles, windshield replaced twice with mystery cracking, drivers seat cushioning compressed and wrinkled, and scheduled services are over priced. The ride of the SC model is very harsh if the road is less than perfect - I had to stop drinking coffee in the car due to it too easily splashing. Brakes are noisy even shortly after replacement. Very uncomfortable for long drives due to no "dead pedal".

Favorite Features

The look is cool and the space in the rear is great. Love the ability to easily move the seats around without removing them.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality and ride are poor for a Honda. Too many unexpected expenses in the first 30,000 miles!

Little Blue Bread Truck
By msvic

2007 Honda Element SUV SC 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I truly concur with the folks who LOVE their Elements. I, too, fell in love with the car when it was first featured in a Newsweek column with a photo of the very first 2002(?) model to hit the road. It took me 5 years to call myself the owner of an Element, but I've never looked back. I love my car. It drives like a dream! I took the back seats out so I'd have room for my dogs. I have never missed carpet. The resilient plastic flooring is ideal, especially when it comes to cleaning (which I'm not so good at because I live in a rural, dirt road area). But, at least when I do clean, I can do it with a bucket of soapy water and a rag--and it gleams!

Favorite Features

Exterior profile and design. Roominess. Sound system. Ease of cleaning.

Suggested Improvements

I'd really like to see greater variety in color choices (dark green was my hope, but I still don't see such a hue). Original tires barely got 25K miles. Mileage needs to be improved. Hybrid would be fabulous.

Good Car, Not quite as advertised....
By miamioolite

2007 Honda Element SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car for three years and about 32,000 miles, drove it across the country and in Montana for a year. The drive is good, not remarkable. The gearbox is solid and smooth. The turning radius is very good! The build quality was great, and I had no problems with the engine just regular maintenance. My only problems were with the "realtime" all wheel drive and the cargo capacity. This car is marketed as a young adventure vehicle. Well with a gross payload of 600ish lbs.....4 people generally hits the limit so no gear, as long as you keep it light your ok. The AWD was slow to react to slipping wheels so you start sliding on spinning wheels too often. what is the point of the tilt sunroof?

Favorite Features

clamshell doors, maneuverability, wipeable floors.

Suggested Improvements

Driver switchable AWD, alert driver when the AWD is on. power sunroof? Honda: get some better OEM tires, the factory tires were awful!

good value
By boeserkritiker

2007 Honda Element SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle new in 2007. got 97K miles now. It has served us reliably well as you hope from a honda with 2 exceptions. right after the warranty expired we had to shell out 500 bucks to replace a rear strut that was gone. and the original battery left us stranded multiple times when it was only 3y old. . i read on blogs that many people had that problem. since it got replaced, out of my pocket, that issue is gone. the door design is weird if you have people actually using the rear seats. especially in tight parking spots. you get trapped in the space between 2 doors. it gets worse if you have to get little children out of their child seats in the rear.

Favorite Features

I was never happy about the mpg. on one hand its ok for a vehicle that size i guess but when we don't need the large space for luggage etc. we drive as much as possible with or more full efficient second car. lately mpg in mixed driving got barely over 20. used to get 23 with 25 highway. engine runs a little rough in cold weather until it has warmed up. you need to figure out how to store stuff in the car otherwise it slides around on the slick floor all the time.

Suggested Improvements

I would still recommend the car hands down. it is overall very reliable, versatile and easy maintain and keep clean. i barely spend more than $200 a year on average on repairs and maintenance per year. I ran 2 sets of tires for almost 50K miles each and do basic maintenance myself. I transport large stuff all the time and the fold-up/ removable seats really come in handy for that. we even happily slept in the rear of the car on the floor on an air mattress with the seats up when it was raining cats and dogs on a camping trip and the tent literally collapsed under hard downpour. last but not least the car is a rally good value for the size and reliability.