Finally, a great choice from the get-go!
By Mark on
2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
After much research, and trying to make a decision between the RAV4 and the Honda, I chose to go with the Honda and absolutely have no regrets. I am a 6'4" male, and this vehicle is a perfect fit for me. I traded in a Toyota Matrix. After some pretty severe Midwest winters, I knew I wanted to get back into an SUV. (I had a Mountaineer before the Matrix). This is one of the best handling vehicles that I have ever owned. For continuous winter driving in town I am getting 18-19 miles per gallon. I had several colors to choose from, and I opted for the Urban Titanium Metallic. This color hides the dirt better than some of the darker colors.
Favorite Features
I like the way the hatch opens as opposed to the RAV4. The CD system is fabulous. I think the instrument panel has a nice lighting effect. Overall the vehicle seems like a very well built vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
The latching of the hatchback. Sometimes I have to slam it in order for it to shut. I wish Honda would consider making the CR-V a Hybrid. I am also surprised that the lights do not automatically turn on.