Used 1999 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

A Must Have
By Cindy

1999 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

I have had this SUV for almost 9 years and have had no problems what-so-ever! I highly recommend this vehicle for everyday use. The only minor thing I had to replace, besides the usual tires, oil and filters, was the rear-differential fluid (at 100,000 miles) because it made a grinding noise when maneuvering tight turns. Great gas mileage between 23 and 26 city. It handled snow great! It also has child-safety locks for the back doors and windows. I would purchase another CR-V in a heartbeat, but don't particularly like the exterior of the newer models.

Fuel mileage. Interior space. Ground clearance, Full-size spare tire and easy accessability. And most of all, easy maintenance and great reliability!

It only comes in a 4-cylinder, maybe offer it in a V-6. Reduce road noise and rough ride.

Best All Around
By Mary Anderson

1999 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD

This has been the best used car I have ever purchased. I would like a new car but think I will hold on to this one a while longer. No major problems.

Last Honda??
By John Anonymoose

1999 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

Performance and fuel mileage with the engine/automatic transmission are sub par. At 68,000 miles the cylinder head needs to be replaced, according to the dealer, who will pay for the parts, but refuses to pay for the labor, estimated at over $1200. I have owned Honda's since 1978, but the dealer and American Honda's unwillingness to accept responsibility for this very common problem will terminate this relationship.

The truck driving position.

Support common problem with extended warranties.

Good little Honda
By nonye

1999 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

I love everything about my Honda-CRV with the exception of two minor things. I did not like when my antenna broke off, but it was probably broken off by someone. Not Honda's fault. I also grew less in love with the manual transmission by the day. Seven years later, I'll admit it, I'm lazy and I've shifted enough. No more sticks in my life. Of course, this isn't Honda's problem. This car is a GREAT winter car. Even in 10 inch snowfalls, I couldn't get stuck.

A really good sound system for the time. Many seating configurations available for dogs and people.

None needed

LOVE MY CR-V!
By Katie

1999 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD

I absolutely love my CR-V. I've had it for 7 years and 140,000 miles with no break-downs... just regular things like new tires, battery, etc. It has been a very convenient car for having two small children. Plus, it's sporty. It's traveled all over the USA with no problems ever. I'm getting ready to trade it in on a new CR-V.

My favorite features are all of the storage compartments throughout the car and the 6 cup holders. I also like the convenient swing tail gate on the back. It's much easier than a lift gate that most vand and SUV's have.