1999 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Nimble SUV
By Jim W. on 07/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

Well-built vehicle. I have put 58,000 miles with no problems. Regular maintenance is all it needs. I have the Manual transmission which works flawlessly.

The BEST & most FUN car I've ever owned!
By Thalia on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I had a Honda Prelude, but this CRV drives better than it did. This CRV is the most fun car that I've ever driven! My husband even told me that he's glad that I finally have a car that I LOVE to drive; now he gets to enjoy the passenger seat. I bought the Honda used. This Honda has been so enjoyable from my first test drive! It handles magnificently, will slide into any parking spot, turns on a dime, it drives more comfortable than any SUV I've ever driven before. Our driveway is very steep & gravel and it goes up it like a dream! I plan on keeping this Honda for many, many years!

My CR-V
By zulan78 on 06/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

Owned this reliable car for 4 years now. It has not given me any problems except for slight squeaky brakes. It runs like all of Honda's other cars. If you like Honda then you'll like this car.

Woo-hoo!
By Kirsten319 on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

Bought the CRV (used) with 83K miles and I love it! Nice, roomy interior, adjustable _everything_, and handles magnificently. I was worried about the change in handling from my '90 Corolla to the CRV, but I think the CRV handles as well as, if not better than, the Corolla. This baby really does drive like a car than an SUV.I'm looking foward to some long distance driving (more than my commute to work) so I can see how it handles on the 'open road.'

The best car I've ever owned.
By grb on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

My '99 CRV is the best car I've ever owned. It is by far the most reliable (84,000 miles and nothing has broken yet--I've never been back to the dealer). The gas mileage is a consistent 23/24 and it even handles well in snow. I'll probably buy another one soon.

CRV Review
By rvoigt on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

This has been a very efficient and reliable vehicle. I would buy another one in the future.

BEST I EVER OWNED
By DBINGHAM on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV

COMPLETE TROUBLE FREE DRIVING.

Purchased 12/98 Drives like new 12/02
By Steven Z on 12/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

I purchasd my silver 1999 Honda CRV LX new in Dec 1998. This vehicle now has 80,000 miles on it and other than general routine maintenance and oil changes, it drives like the day I first drove it of the dealership lot. My wife just purchased a 2003 Saturn VUE, which so far, appears to be a tremendous value compared to today's mini-SUV offerings. I will admit, I'm not jealous of her car at all -- my CRV will be going strong still by the time she's ready to give her car up in five years. Thanks to HONDA for making a brand of car built with such high quality standards.

Mixed thoughts on my CR-V
By boxerlover on 10/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD

I have had my 1999 LX CR-V for 8 mths now. No problems yet, great gas mi. for a so called "SUV". It was cheaply made on the inside, seats are horribly hard for my 2-3hr per day commute. If you have dogs the back is poorly thought out, no pop out windows for air. Sound system stinks. Control pannels poorly placed. I am yound and feel like an old timer driving this car it seems too much like a wagon and kick myself for not spending the extra money for the Toyota 4Runner which is so much more plush all around. If you want a cheaper (cost wise)SUV you WILL wind up with everything "CHEAPER!"

Love my CRV
By Deann on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD

I love this car this is my second Honda My first is an 91 Accord EX I brought it new swore I would never drive anything els it has 130,000 miles still going I look forward to many years in my CRV even used