IMA fan!
By Civic Duty on
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.3L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I love my new Civic hybrid. My first tank or two was disappointing in the high 30 MPGs, but I've learned to drive it so that it easily gets into the 50's, and I even had one highway trip of 500 miles average out to over 60 mpg. Those people who are disappointed with the mileage need to realize that if you drive it like a sports car, you're not going to realize the EPA mileage stats - which is true of any car. This car is a far cry from the rusty pickup truck it replaced. It drives incredibly smoothly, and is utterly quiet on the road and at a stoplight. A real pleasure to drive, and I'm smiling all the way to the pump. Unlike other hybrids, it looks, feels, and drives like a real car!
Favorite Features
The Autostop function kills the engine at a stop, saving fuel that would otherwise be wasted. The ECON button lets me force the engine to stay on at a stoplight, important when I want to keep the AC running in the cruel Southern summer heat. I love the pep of the electric assist - fun to start up.
Suggested Improvements
A trunk release button on the remote fob would be nice. The back seat should be able to fold down, but it doesn't. Daytime running lights should be a must, but they aren't included. Maybe next year.