Used 2005 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Really love this car!
By 2006Honda Civic

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Had a huge van before. This car is so easy to drive, park & most of all see out of! Love seeing my speed in big letters! Also, can't miss the gas guage. The gas lasts really long too! It is beautiful, inside & out. Totally happy with it all!

Dash board readability

Fabric on seats too light & impracticable for soil

Learning to Love My EX
By mustache

2005 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Front Side Airbags (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Just got my new 2005 EX sedan this weekend. Had to get rid of my gas guzzler as I drive 45 miles to work. I like the car so far. Road noise is a bit excessive. But the car is tight and fun to drive. Build quality is great as I have not found a single defect. I need to drive this car about 200K miles to get my money out of it. So it better last! I live on a dirt road so we will see if it holds up.

Fuel mileage, moonroof, safety features, ride and tight handling. It has a quality feel to it.

More horsepower. Pricing programs like Saturn has. 4 wheel disc breaks. How about a light in the glove box? Better cup holders for my "Big Gulp".

Somewhat disappointing
By disaptd8

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased new 05 Civic LX. Exterior is fine, looks good, drives good, the tranny is smooth, (a little slow) but smooth. Good braking, solid little car. Decent room for a small car, interior layout, nice, good seats. But, the interior pops like a bowl of Rice Krispies and it's very, VERY annoying. Test drove Corolla, did same thing on test drive and I didn't purchase because of the popping. (Civic didn't do this on test drive) Had 02 Camry did same thing. Looks like Japan is going the way of GM with the rattling interior. Why can't auto makers make vehicles that don't snap, crackle & pop when you drive? Honda gets a "D" for the interior build of this Civic. Thank goodness for a good stereo!

Dash lay out, smooth tranny, nice ride for small car.

Fix the popping, snapping, sticky noises and you'll have the perfect small car.

Honda Civic LXSE
By Brioninn

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX Special Edition 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my Accord for this. And enjoy it so much more. Despite the loss of horsepower between the two, it's a much smoother, more enjoyable ride. And the SE package is enough to make it sporty while allowing me the motherly benefits that are a necessity. It's the best of both worlds for me.

The stereo. It is a nice upgrade from the standard LX.

Possibly some back seat room.

Good, not super
By Clayton

2005 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.7L 4cyl 4A)

This car is very nice, but after driving an Accord, even an older one such as mine (94-97), it doesen't feel substantial. It drives real light, which is good for cornering, but not for feeling safe pulling out into traffic!

Backlit gauges, climate control design (vertical stack), visibility.

add 30 horses, add control to the suspension. emergency manuvering is not real comforting, compared with my old Honda Accord

• SUV