2004 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
STILL Love this car!
By Kimi on 05/01/05 16:15 PM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a year ago and have put 24000 miles on it, mixed city/highway. It is STILL a lot of fun to drive and I'm still getting 24- 28 city, 32-35 highway. It loves to run at high rpm and because of that, commuting is no big deal - I can stay in 3rd gear from 10 mph to 55 mph and clutch foot doesn't have to get tired. Lots of zip (you do have to know what gear to be in!), still love running up through the gears.

Fun with current gas prices!!!
By Dennis on 03/15/05 13:14 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Honda built a fun reliable little car. I threw some 18" wheels and sport tires on there and it handles 100% better than stock. Be careful with the side skirt mouldings, they are held on with double sided tape ... cheap!!

You get what you expect
By Dexter on 02/04/05 14:38 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I sold my Wrangler (which I loved) because of a new long commute to work, and needed economy. Si wasn't my first choice, but only because I hadn't thought of it and was looking into more common cars. What I like about it is that it isn't so common. I've noted it on the street before, and it seems so much nicer-designed than a base Civic. I feel small inside, considering it *looks* small on the outside. To me it is very quiet, smooth, adequately powerful. My beefs are with ergonomics and design. The big silver swath that is the center console is cheap/ugly compared to the nice materials used throughout the rest of the cabin-it looks like an afterthought. Its great overall.

Special and Fun
By GaryJTN on 01/27/05 00:54 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded an '02 Si for this '04 and I love the larger wheels and the sharper design of the headlights and taillights. Handling, cornering are fantastic. Engine noise. What engine noise? The engine loves to rev so even city driving is fun.

A SOLID vehicle with surprising quality
By Will on 12/16/04 18:01 PM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned the Si for a year now, and its been a great ride. I love the car more now than when purchased it. Build quality is unbelievablet; interior quality is phenomenal(still not a SINGLE rattle!), and the exterior body panels fit so tightly that they are near seamless. The suspension and handling show their European origin (Si's are built in England). The stiff suspension, tight steering and solid chassis make for a remarkably stable ride. The hatch is very useful, and the interior is roomy. The car may appear funky in pictures, but its great in person. Sure, it's not a bling-bling, super sexy, gimmicky car... but it IS a great car. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Over the average
By Tito Ferny on 11/26/04 06:20 AM (PST)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

in the present market of models of this segment, this car has the best of each thing. A really good car

I Love My SI
By Buckeye34 on 10/31/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been wanting this car for over 6 months and got it at last on October 1st. Everything about this car is off the hook, good car for pople of all ages.

Civic si
By davids4558 on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Civic SI is a very fun car to drive. I had a 95 civic ex I traded in on this car. Its diffentaly a better car.

Best all around value
By Siconvert on 09/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I live in Atlanta and probably don't fall into the target market for this car: Mid 40's, No kids, Annual income 150+, conservative. However, we love this car. We were looking for an "Anti-Atlanta" car (e.g., BMW, Mercedes, Lexus). We wanted a Prius but with an 18 month waiting list...couldn't touch it! This car is a great car, fun to drive, comfortable, stylish, and a great vaue (paid $17,100). You have to wonder how people pay $30,000+ for cars!

My first stick shift
By vk2hondas on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback w/Side Airbags (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very easy to drive even though it's been ages since I drove one. Smooth clutch/shifter action. Quieter than the competition, feels nice and solid. Driver's seat perfect fit for me. Has right amount of power with headroom. VS. others: focus - no rear head rests, cheap plastic interior, noisy mazda3 - great, but console blocks my leg impreza wagon - felt loose, closing doors caused rattles all over, uncomfortable driver seat bottom forester X - very nice overall, too much $$$, vague stick, not sure I like hill holder vibe (AWD & FWD) - very noisy, no power in automatics mini - very nice, but dealer too far, premium gas element - drives like a truck