1991 Honda Civic CRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic CRX model:
my baby
By my baby on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

This has been a terrific car. It has withstood my 3 teenage sons as they grew up, it continues to keep on going. It seems to have lost a little of its power over the years....haven't we all! But she's always ready to go when I am!

Honda's best (discontinued) car!!
By Opticon on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

Visualy, this car's exterior design is just amazing, and it's one of Honda's most aerodynamic. While most 2-seaters barely leave you with enough room for your groceries, this little car has an interior capable of transporting 2 adult sized bikes + 1 passenger (this is NOT recomended, however!) While the stock engine seems far underpowered by todays standards, at around 2k lbs and equiped with the superior dual-wishbone suspension, this car is quite nimble. Did I mention the gas mileage? Well, drivers of the HF model still brag about their cars getting 45mpg. To beat that, you'll have to buy gas/electric hybrid.

Awesome
By kimstar88 on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

i bought this car for 1400, from a dealership it had 305,000 miles on the orginal car and motor, and it still rans like a champ. Raced a 1.8T jetta and WON from a stop light. I now own 2, and my boyfriend owns 1 and is turboing his ZC engine. I would highly suggest this car as a race car or a daily driver. I am selling one for 3300 because owning 2 is no longer needed. So if you find this rare car buy it you will not be disappointed

Extremly reliable, fun to drive
By cheese8899 on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

Purchased this car for $1000, had $145,000 and have not had to replace a single part on the whole car! (besides fluids)

Great little car
By hbauer on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in 1991. It now has 299,700 miles on it and still gets 45-50 mpg. I never expected to have it this long, but I can't part with it yet. It has required some repair- clutch, alternator, cv joints; but overall it has been a very reliable, cheap car to maintain.

go cart
By Dom_crx on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

This car is awesome. I had wanted one for at least 2 years, then when i finally got one i could not beleive how much fun it was. always atracts attention. it's a '91 and people always pull up to me and ask if i want to sell it! all i have is NGK plug wires, intake, and muffler and i have topped it out at 115 on the freeway. (no lie!)

Never a problem
By Crash on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

I have had this car for more than a year now, i nothing has yet to brake or go wrong. I consider myself a pretty aggresive and harsch driver, and i have hit redline and beyond many times in this car. It has never let me down, and it kept me alive when i smashed into a camaro at 70mph! good safety rating!

Love this car!
By Hockman Piano on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

Fun and Fast! I took on a new firebird with my CRX and took him all the way to the gas station, where he pull in.

CRX the hottest car ever
By simplico17 on 07/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic CRX 2dr Coupe

I have always wanted a CRX. Before I knew anything about the aftermarket mods that could be done to it, the look of the car was so attractive to me. It is a unique car. I bought mine with 142000 miles on it. No problems and I have put another 3000 miles on it. I plan on completing a swap on it in the near future. It is a beautifully handling car, a lot of power (even with the 62 hp Hf), and gas mileage is beyond compare. Even with high gas prices I can still fill the car up with a mid grade and higher gas for less than ten bucks.

Poor Man's Ferrari
By 1QWKCRX on 05/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic CRX Si 2dr Coupe

This is my second 1991 Honda CRX Si, in the past 10 years and I've never grown tired of it. It was in mint condition when I bought it from the original owners back in 1999 with only 48k miles. Since then I've done the basic maint. for a vehicle of this age (brakes, timing belt, shocks, etc) as well as upgraded all of the suspension, motor,and exhaust systems. With gas mileage of 36 hwy and performance that beats any new compact under $20k, I won't be selling it any time soon.