1991 Honda Civic CRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic CRX model:
200+ miles and run
By crx2cruz on 01/07/10 19:24 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

I have a lot of fun driving my 91 CRX HF. It dose not have a lot of power, but it get some grate miles. I was getting 40MPG with the stock wheels, now I'm getting 35MPG that due to the large 17" wheels. I have had to do some normal services. Like timing belt, drive belts, ignition cap/rotor/coil/wire/plugs, and battery. clutch and trans bearings. I think the most expensive thing was the trans work i did at 200,000miles, i spent $400 on replace clutch, trans input shaft bearings, axles because they were out, and i have to say it was not hard to do with an avg. set of tools.

CRX HF Rocks
By CRX_Rocks on 03/01/08 23:11 PM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

I've had it for 4 years and this car has been a great car! Low maintenance (no major repair), average 42 mpg (hard driving - lead foot), and fun to drive (even though it has low horse power 68 hp?, I can still easily go to 85mph and zig zag through the traffic at any time). People keep asking me to sell it to them. Although, I'm much older to drive this car, my heart is still attached to it. How come they don't make cars like these any more. I don't mind compromising power for mpg. After all, 68 horsepower is sufficient to pass almost every car in the cross-country highway. I can go over hills w/o much trouble. Got to love it. This car rocks!

One of Honda's best
By stangbanger on 09/25/07 20:58 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

This is the 3rd C-rex I have owned. I love the fuel mileage and the looks of the HF, but it lacks the power to pass on the freeway. Good car for mods, which I will be doing to this one. Best bet is to get an Si because you will have to spend some more $$$ to upgrade other models.

Attractive appearance and performance
By Frank Mansion on 03/14/07 22:30 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

Currently at 95K miles and 15 years old my HF model gets 47.5 MPG.When it was 3 years old the a/c compressor clutch failed and was converted to R134a.It cools to 40F which is just as good as R12.I can pick up the transmission with one arm so replacing the clutch was easy.The car is now worth less than my wristwatch and parts on ebay are available cheaply. I have maintained the paint and get asked if it is repainted. The air conditioner control panel cracks easily so be careful turning the knob. A replica control panel from a restoration company would be nice along with foam seat buns. The distinctive styling is still attractive and the CRX will always be the most fun for the money.

Practical/Reliable Economy!
By Dave on 04/12/06 16:13 PM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

I have to say, this is the best little commuter car I've ever owned! Hands down Honda quality is evident in this car. I get mid-upper 40s in the city and upper 50s on the highway. I live in Colorado so its meager 60 horsepower engine isn't anything that's going to win races. However, for stop and go traffic this car has treated me well. I have replaced the clutch a few times, and overall just general maintenance. I've owned the car for 10 years or approximately 477,538 trouble free miles!! Other than that... I love my Honda CRX HF!!

my baby
By my baby on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

This has been a terrific car. It has withstood my 3 teenage sons as they grew up, it continues to keep on going. It seems to have lost a little of its power over the years....haven't we all! But she's always ready to go when I am!

Great little car
By hbauer on 01/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in 1991. It now has 299,700 miles on it and still gets 45-50 mpg. I never expected to have it this long, but I can't part with it yet. It has required some repair- clutch, alternator, cv joints; but overall it has been a very reliable, cheap car to maintain.

go cart
By Dom_crx on 12/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

This car is awesome. I had wanted one for at least 2 years, then when i finally got one i could not beleive how much fun it was. always atracts attention. it's a '91 and people always pull up to me and ask if i want to sell it! all i have is NGK plug wires, intake, and muffler and i have topped it out at 115 on the freeway. (no lie!)

crx, ultimate summer cruiser
By bilbo on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Honda Civic CRX HF 2dr Coupe

i've never had a bit of trouble and it is way to much fun for me to ever let go!!

crx, ultimate summer cruiser
By Bilbo on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)