1997 Honda Accord - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Accord model:
Heaven Sent
By Val on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been heaven sent. First owner and vehicle now has about 53,000 miles, and never experienced one mechanical problem. Prior, owned a little civic hatchback and same history, never one mechanical problem. As a woman, I thank the heavens for this vehicle, never leaving me stalled, brokedown or anything unexpectedly going out on me especially on the road. I feel safe with my honda. Thanks Honda!

Heaven Sent
By val on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

97 Honda Accord
By wig on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

Excellent, reliable vehicle. Fun to drive, comfortable. Everthing works.

97 Honda
By Cyborg on 09/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

reliable transportation, adequate pep, very few mechanical problems.

Not as good as others
By Asian user on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord EX V6 4dr Sedan

got it from a private party with 85,000 miles on it. The trans is jerking in the "slow & go" situation. Won't happen when it's " Stop & go". That's why I didn't find out at the test drive. I have been a Toyota fan for more than 8 years, their trans just smooth like silk. Been to shop (not dealer), they told trans jerk on high mileage Accord are very common. No solution unless change a used one-$1,200. Also, many of the repair cost are higher than Toyota. it does have one advantage: it's timing belt need to replace every 90,000 miles, not 60,000.

FANTASTIC CAR
By Tristan on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord LX 4dr Sedan

On my third Honda and second Accord. This one to replace my '87 that never failed me. Manual transmission feels great. Superior styling and comfort. I'm keeping this one forever.

Great car, but...
By JonesHonda on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 2dr Coupe

I've driven my Accord for 3 years and been very happy. the only regret is that the power gadgets are cheapo. The power mirrors have failed and the motors for the power windows are flimsy; I've had to replace both. Otherwise, the comfort, design and engine reliability have been superb.

I LOVE MY HONDA
By Islander18 on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 2dr Coupe

I bought this beauty in a trade with another private party for my old '88 accord (190000 mi). I have driven this car only 1000 miles since purchasing it but I have already fallen in love with it. The only thing that I have done is replace the standard air box with a K&N Cold Air Intake to increase the horsepower a little. You can't beat 25 MPG in town and the features that come along with an SE. You couldn't pay me enough to sell this beauty

The best in reliability
By kagodo on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord Special Edition 4dr Sedan

Excellent overall performance. I almost bought a Plymouth Breeze which was one year older and half the price. No regrets.

1997 Accord EX pleasure
By Susie on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Honda Accord EX 4dr Sedan

This 1997 was our 5th Honda and it has excelled in performance as have all the others. I prefer the std. to the aut.; not because of the 4 cyl. eng., but because the Accord is such a driving pleasure. It gives you all the power you need and I never worry about it hesitating or holding back. We are anxiously awaiting the 2003 to see what they are like. You can NEVER go wrong with a Honda.