2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 2500HD model:
Diesel is wonderful
By E. Daniel Shoemaker on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Traded in my 96' GMC 3/4 ton Suburban, w/ 454 Vortec engine for this new crew cab, Duramax w/ Allison transmission. Wow what a difference in towing power. Previously driving over mountins into Prescott and Payson, from the Phoenix area, we were lucky to keep up 35mph. Now, wow, 65mph over the same roads and mountains, towing the same trailer. Diesel milage is better than the gas by about 5 to 6 mpg. Wish the Suburban had this engine/trans.

Don's Review
By Don Bland on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The experience of getting better gas milage with the 6.0 motor in the GMC as opposed to the 4.8 in my Chev, makes me wish I had bought the Chev with the 6.o instead of the 4.8. Factor in the added pulling power, makes it far better. I highly reccomend getting the 6.0 in either model truck.

GMC 2500HD
By wpatrus on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I am pleased with my purchase at this time. It tows as is expected for a truck with its power- it is capable in the woods and farm as well as on the highway-- though the fuel economy is a jolt. But then again it is alot of weight to move.

Best Truck to get
By Robert Mackison on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best truck I have ever owned.

2004 Gmc Duramax Allison Auto
By J. Miller on 01/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Bought Brand New 3 months ago and now have just under 10K miles. The Duramax is all that and more. Excellent Truck!! Not one problem so far!! Ride Quality is awesome for a 2500HD Truck!

best one yet
By BIGGS on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

2003,like the truck.already done ford and dodge,full power and towing is effortless

Good but could be better!
By Jose Galvan on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Thus far it's proven to be what was expected. I do like the pick up power and acceleration power, the turning radius needs to be inproved. Another plus would be to install a rear window that is fuctional. Heat controls for the rear needs installed. Overall the performance, handling, and appearance are what I' expected. I've named it the HULK, it's big, it's green and it's powerful!

BUY ONE!!!
By LUV my Duramax on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my truck about 3 weeks ago, and have put 1800 miles on it. I absolutely love the Duramax/Allison combo. Anything with this setup will drive like a dream. The Duramax doesn't hesitate with anything, and the allison smartly downshifts when slowing down to reduce brake wear. This truck is also the quietest diesel I've tested, when comparing the "BIG 3". At anything above 50mph you can't even notice you're running a diesel. ...every time I drive it...I like it even more...nuff' said.

Hot Rig..!
By bearman on 12/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

More truck than I expected, plenty of power. Very roomy, solidly built with great ride.

4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB Duramax/Allison
By Michigan Mike on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is my first pickup. Used to own a 93 Suburban. Traded an Acura CL Type S for this truck. Surprisingly good build quality. After 1500 miles, no problems at all. In the Acura I had to replace the front seat and the sunroof after this many miles. Wish that the OnStar GPS system could be hooked into a 3rd party navigation system with a screen and DVD. Performance (acceleration, braking) is great, though I've not yet towed anything. Heated seats are better/warmer than those in Acura. No complaints!