2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 1500 model:

know what you are buying so you can be happy.
By Gordon Smith

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

You need to know up front that this vehicle is not a really great trim nor exquisite interior. However, it is a workhorse. It will do anything for you that a pickup truck is supposed to do. If what you want is a very reliable truck without all of the glitter, and at a better price,this is the truck for you.

Tailor Made!
By Bruce Northam

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab SLE 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I should start by saying I have the 5.3 V8. It has more than adequate power. The payload exceeds the 2007 I previously owned. Because i have radical lug mud tires, my fuel mileage is only about 16MPG. I expect it will increase when i put street tires and quit hauling heavy loads or pulling a trailer. It has the trailer towing pkg, 4 wheel drive, and i believe it has been lifted, since i can't reach over the bed to access the bottom of my tool box. The BEST I have done is 20MPH but it is avging 16. i am running 275/75/18 tires. It also has the locking differential, a must on a 4x4. The trailer brakes are integrated into the dash, I love that. In fact the only thing it doesn't have is a telescoping steering wheel, but it does have adjustable depth pedals. It is as if I custom ordered the truck, I LOVE IT!!

I Love This Truck
By Jeremy Nabors

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab SLE 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at both Chevy and GMC. The GMC interior was far superior in quality than they Chevy. This truck looks good and drives very well.

My favorite truck!
By Jared K.

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 6A)

I've driven plenty of trucks - F150, Chevy Avalanche, Silverado...but this one...this one blows them away! Looks amazing. Drives amazing. Technology is amazing. Comfort is amazing. Seriously, I can't say enough good things about this 2015 Sierra SLT Z71. I'm not one for fancy things, but I felt that I deserved a nice car - and this is definitely a nice care. Interior is well appointed with leather trim on the wheel and dashboard; nice wood and aluminum accents throughout the cockpit; user-friendly steering wheel and touchscreen controls; heated AND cooled seats; heated steering wheel for those cold mornings; power seats; and plenty of leg room in the back. Exterior is clean: 22" wheels help you ride a bit higher so you'll have better visibility; chrome accents are eye catching, but modestly appointed; overall...it just looks GOOOOOD. Ride is smooth and isn't "trucky" if that makes sense.

Great truck with some minor flaws
By Mike

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab SLE 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 6A)

All in all its a great truck. The flaws that I seen so far are these, but not enough to sway you from not buying. Love the heated seats and auto start.

1.) Head lights Suck.
2.) Head rest feels like a brick. Probably so you don't fall asleep. lol.
3.) Needs more storage space like on top of the dash or center console style changed. The 3 sections behind the cup holders on the split seat styles are completely useless and waste of space. The dividers need to be either removable or gotten rid of. Would be a nice place for pens. Also the bottom center could pull out with a nice configuration there. Instead you have to lift the bench to get it opened.
4.) Ride is a little stiff, but that could be because its still new.