1995 Geo Prizm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
An Awesome Car
By Linthergal on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

My Geo Prizm has been in my family for seven years now, and it has been a great car. All it has needed was new brakes (expected!), and that was at 115,000 miles, when most cars need them around 30,000. Other than that, it hasn't been to a mechanic once. It's an awesome car. It has a ton of miles on it (167,000) but still runs great. My advice? Buy one!

Great Commuters Car
By hondaguy on 06/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1995 Geo Prism LSi with 65,000 miles. It was perfectly maintained -- not a scratch. It has everything thing I need except power windows. I bought this car strictly as a transportation vehicle. You see, I drive about 400 miles per week and for me it doesn't make sense to buy an expensive vehicle and throw all of the cars value out the tail pipe. I paid $4400 for the Geo. The Prism serves my needs fine. I get about 35mpg. Except the stereo, I have no complaints. I'll probably upgrade the head unit and speakers soon.

Best buy in small cars
By Dan G on 06/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1995 Prism with 20K miles on it, now it has 100K miles. This is the most reliable car I've ever had. Believe it or not it still has the original brakes. The only thing I had brake was the altenator. What is Chevrolet thinking when then stop making this wonderful car after 2002.

Happy with Geo
By prizmguy on 06/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

We have owned ou PRizm since 1995. I have had no problems so far and am pleased with the reliability of the Toyota drivetrain. This car will last another 10 years, no sweat! If you are looking for a car that provides peace of mind. This is your car.

Inexpensive and reliable
By JodyD on 03/05/02 13:30 PM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I've owned my Prizm for several years now and have been very impressed with its performance. It's very fuel efficient and I haven't had any mechanical problems at all. Also, I live in the northeast where they generously salt the roads all winter and there isn't a spot of rust on the car! It may not be the flashiest car on the road, but it's done very well by me.

Excellent Car
By Small Town Guy on 03/04/02 21:54 PM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car recently and have several friends who own prizms also. My band director, who is also a good friend, recommended the car to me and says his has ran well since its purchase in 95'. The car is great on gas mileage and it runs like a charm. If anyone wants a nice, small, inexpensive car, look no further for the Geo Prizm is here.

Economic Workhorse
By dhavleak on 02/28/02 04:02 AM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

This car is a dream for people on small budgets. I've covered 10,000 miles in 6 months and all I've had to do is fill fuel! The car is absolutely fine with oil changes every 4,000 miles, Tire rotations every 4000 miles - no fuss at all! Handling is very reassuring and very predictable. Fuel economy is great! Comfort level - well nothing sticks out as being uncomfortable, and that's good! This is as practical a car as you can buy. I highly recommend it!

Love my Prizm
By jennifer on 02/17/02 21:47 PM (PST)

1995 Geo Prizm 4dr Sedan

I've had my Prizm for 3 years and have done only routine maintanence on it. It is a strip model, but SO reliable and reasonably priced I'd recommend it to anyone.