Used 2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Ford Thunderbird - Consumer Reviews

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:

Best Bird I Have Owned
By Gobird

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 6th T-Bird and my best so far. I've owned an '84, '87, '89, '90, 95, and 2002. This Bird is a dream to drive and to look at. I think others feel the same way. We get looks from other drivers every time we are on the road. For me, this car is going to be a keeper forever. It is a comfort to drive on long trips and not bad on gas either. The handling is good; it's not a sports car but a very nice driver. It looks it's best with the hard top on but it's the most fun to drive with the soft top down on a warm summers day. There are better performing cars on the road but none have the classy look of this Thunderbird. I always wanted a '57 but this one fits the bill for me. It's just One Great Car

Favorite Features

The hard top/soft top combo, little wind noise with soft top down, the full color interior only found on the 2002 model, Thunderbird Blue, radio and 6 CD player and the FUN FACTOR, just how can you rate this.

Suggested Improvements

Maybe another 50 or so HP but that's about it.

Dream Car
By Larry S

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I've wanted a T0-Bird since I was a child and the T-Bird was new -- finally got it! I'm not disappointed in the least -- talk about the looks! As another reviewer said, be prepared for total strangers to ask all sorts of questions. I've even been stopped by a couple of cops just so they could get a better look at it.

Favorite Features

Styling and I LOVE the Thunderbird Blue, especially the hot turquoise interior.

Suggested Improvements

More head room.

Great Car
By dflan

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

A fun car to drive; powerful engine; no problems at all so far

Favorite Features

style

Suggested Improvements

none

CA Thunder
By Hammer60

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is an outstanding automobile! I believe so many are brainwashed with the idea that only a car from Japan or Germany is worth anything, that they are blinded to what the US has to offer. Motor Trend tested some 26 different cars for their 2002 car of the year and only one was US, the T-bird. It won by the way! I don't really care if people are closed minded, but it is sad to see them waste all that money on cars that have become a dime a dozen and can not hold a candle to the style, performance and just plain fun that this American legend offers!

Favorite Features

Style, power, performance, handling, and heritage.

Suggested Improvements

I believe it is as it was meant to be. Changes would make it something other than a T-bird.

Finally got my dream car . . .
By ToddMC

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

and it is more than I could have ever hoped for! From the moment I saw the concept version in 2000, I knew I would have to have one of these!! The look, the style, the fit and finish and that low rumble of the engine are all perfect. As many have stated, no high- priced Mercedes, BMW's or Volvo's get the type of admiring glances that this baby does. Having come off being a Mustang GT owner for years (all of which I liked), I am pleased that I have graduated from a fast pony car to a sophisticated boulevardier. Ford could not have done better is designing and producing this car.

Favorite Features

The hard top with porthole; stainless steel appointments and color accents of the interior; retro hints from the '55- 57 and '61 Thunderbirds;

Suggested Improvements

Really nothing. I kinda wish the 4.6l V8 was available but I understand that is Mustang's engine and that the T-Bird is not meant to be a sports car.