2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
owner
By dan weaver on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Premium 2dr Convertible w/Removable Hard Top (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

My T-BIRD makes my sudden early retirement a happy time.It does every thing that I command it to do.The first thing you should do,is go buy a radar detector and your favorite CD,and take the long way home.There is nothing out there that can pry the smile off your face.Enjoy!!!!!!!

Only the BEST !
By Jack Brannon on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Neiman Marcus Edition 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Never a problem. Solidly built. Nothing done to car except changing oil for 12,000 miles.

Love it
By Birdies on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This car is too cool. With the roof down it makes you want to sing as you drive down the road. The car is my one toy and it does everything I ask of it. No one takes a second look at a BMW, only the Bird and Ferraries. Bye the way, you can $100,000.00 to the Bird if you want the same look when you drive the high price spread. One might also look at the crash test data, it is impressiveeeeee.

Simply Amazing
By Brian Antonoff on 09/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I currently am a '97 Corvette Owner and I just bought a 2002 Thunderbird as a gift for my Mother. When I decided to buy this car for her, I never imagined that I would like it so much myself. So when I pulled out of the dealership and drove it for the first time, EVERYTHING about it amazed me - from the fit and finish to the power, to the great sounding stereo, to the way EVERYONE who passed me on the highway slowed to look at it. And if nothing else, NO ONE can take away the AWESOME job FORD did in bringing this car from it's original root to the future.

Can't Stop Smiling
By New Birdman on 09/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Picked up the Thunderbird blue with the partial blue interior. This car definitely turns heads. People speed up to get a glimpse on the highway. You won't make any quick trips to the market after purchase--everyone wants to gawk and talk about it. It drives like a dream too. Lots of power and 0- 60 in nothing flat. Don't buy it though if you want a Porsche. Buy a Porsche. This is a luxury car ride, not a sportscar. Can't understand complaints about fit and finish or interior style--didn't those people look at it before they bought it? Bottom line is: Ford got it right both inside and out.

Overpriced
By Chris Edwards on 08/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great looking convetible, but way too much money! My Sebring was just as much fun at half the price. I used to be impressed by the Jaguars too, but then again, it was pointed out to me that for $50,000 even Yugo can build a good looking car.

Love my Birds
By Sooner Bird Lover on 08/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Shocking to read any poor reviews. It’s $40k, not $50k; don't blame the car if you paid $10k over sticker. Radio has auto-volume control (it doesn't come programmed, see owner's manual). Acceleration, handling, ride, braking, are ideal for the style of car. 91 octane gas is recommended; if you're unhappy with performance, try feeding it right. It's not a sports car; the luxury car ride is perfect for any kind of driving other than racing. Shifts are very smooth; you CAN shift manually. The interior is plane, but it’s a retro-styled car. How much interior styling did you get in cars made 40-50 years ago? Styling REALLY turns heads.

Thunderbird Myth
By Minninger on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

The best $20,000 car I've ever owned. Been a Ford person my entire life, but Ford missed it on this one. No engine power, transmission shifts when it wants (can not manually shift), engine hesitates terribly on downshifts, seats are made for someone twice as wide (no lateral support), suspension compromises won't make anyone happy. Clearcoat layer of paint was incomplete (looks like an amatuer did it). Door and trunk fit falls short of even Ford Focus standards. My 1994 Thunderbird, with more than 125,000 miles is twice the car at less than half the original price. How do you rate Reliability on a car with less than 4000 miles?

2002 Thunderbird Convertible
By liannjon on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

If you loved your Dad's TBird, this is the car for you! Once I got it, I didn't even mind the price. We get a lot of attention. The car responds like a dream and I love to hear the roar of a V8 again. Don't mind the two seater - this is not a car for the kids anyway. This car makes you feel too young to have kids.

The Best Bird
By Gidget on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Deluxe 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

Well worth waiting for, even if it took almost a year. A pleasure to drive. A real show stopper, literally. Have been flagged down on numerous occasions. Got the "arrest-me" Red and don't regret it. It's by far the best color of them all, and not just my opinion. Could use heated seats though!