2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Thunderbird model:
I must have the lemon
By T-Bird RN on 03/22/08 07:56 AM (PDT)

2002 Ford Thunderbird Convertible Neiman Marcus Edition 2dr Convertible (3.9L 8cyl 5A)

I love my T-bird. Felt like the queen of the road. But recently have been having problems one day out of no where it overheated, 3 engine fans gone bad, then transmission leaking it was rebuilt. just the other day driving down the road felt like I was going over rumble strips car bucking took it back for check up, seems when they had it on the road test could find anything. I guess it did not act up for them. Suggested could be torque converter and to bring it back when it happens all the time. I thought ford was built tough. I have 6 other Ford vehicles with over 200 thousand miles and no transmission or engine problems. What happened to the T-Bird?

My Third Bird/More Fun Than The Rest
By Lars on 03/14/06 23:01 PM (PST)

Great Road Car and fun to drive. Don't see yourself coming and going either. Been totally trouble free. It's a people magnet, too!

I Love My T-Bird
By szwickel on 01/17/05 16:22 PM (PST)

My 2002 Red Ford T-Bird (hard top and convertible) is the most wonderful car I have ever owned. It is fun to drive and I just love the fact that after 2 and1/2 years, people still stop and comment on what a gorgeous car it is and how wonderful it is that Ford brought the car back. I always wanted the 1955 T-bird, but could not afford it, and when I finally could, my husband objected to buying such an old car. As soon as he saw the 2002 T-Bird he bought it for me and gave it to me as a surprise. The car looks good, drives like a dream and is fun to be in and be seen in.Thank you for bringing it back.

Hanzies T-Bird
By Hanzie on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

We purchased this car on E Bay...it had 1401 miles on it..we flew to NY, saw the car, took it around the block and purchased it. I'm 5'8'' and my wife is 5'4''...we are about as tall as a new T-bird owner should be. We love the T-Bird, however, it has limited trunk space. We drove the car back to Panama City Beach Florida and had a great trip.

Only the BEST !
By Jack Brannon on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Never a problem. Solidly built. Nothing done to car except changing oil for 12,000 miles.