2013 Ford Taurus Consumer Review: A Great Value after Discounts

2013 Ford Taurus - Consumer Review

2013 Ford Taurus

Limited Sedan (3.5L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic)

A Great Value after Discounts
By cpurick on

2013 Ford Taurus Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Taurus wasn't on my list, but I gave it a test drive while shopping for a quiet, smooth car. At the time, I was considering the new Fusion.

I'd driven the Taurus in 2010, and I was quite surprised by how much nicer it has gotten.
Ford refreshed the design in 2013, and paid close attention to NVH concerns. Because the front seats are a little confining for a car this size, they even added softer surfaces around the driver.

I would never pay sticker for any car, but the Taurus is a value with $7000 in manufacturer and dealer discounts.

Be careful which tires you get. I found that the optional 20" tires really hurt ride quality.
The 18s and 19s produce a posh ride, though.

I for one like the MyFord Touch system. It's very functional even if it does take some getting used to. By far, my favorite feature is the smooth and quiet ride. The Taurus Limited is very close to being a luxury car. The 3.5L V6 moves the car with authority, and cannot be heard unless you put your foot to it.

Definitely the biggest negative of the Taurus is the confining front seat space. It's not tiny, but it's a lot smaller than you'd expect in a full-size sedan. The console is big and high, and the wheel wells intrude into the front seat floorboards, leaving below average room for driver and right-seater. Fortunately I am quite cozy in mine. But if you like feeling roomy you'll have to ride in the back. Or maybe in the massive trunk.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review