Best Used Car I have Owned
By TMINJ on
2001 Ford Taurus SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)
Bought this 01 SE in Feb 2008 with 103K Miles. Now have 140K Miles on it and it still runs excellent! Gas mileage is around 25 MPG and I am a little heavy with the right foot. I was always a little skeptical of buying a used car, but this one has proved me wrong. It was well serviced from the beginning and the only problem I had was the need to replace the front springs on the car at about 136K. Even with the miles on the car, it still runs great and is not burning any oil. I would highly recommend this vehicle for a daily commuter car. It is not a bundle of power, but it will run 65-70 all day long. I am commutting 100 miles per day and it has not let me down. Very well built car.
Favorite Features
The SE version didnt come with many options. Power driver seat is great. Didnt notice the manual lumbar support under the right side of the driver seat for a good year after purchased. Was shocked it was there, but glad I found it. Car handles very well in the snow as well! Silver paint looks good
Suggested Improvements
Four Wheel Disc Brakes. Drums in the back are okay but do show some fade in heavy breaking. 5 Speed Auto would have been nice, but for a 4 speed auto gas mileage is not bad. Tacks under 2000 at 60 MPH.