1998 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
My 1998 Taurus
By BGRAY on 10/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

The kids and I enjoy long drives on the weekends in the Rocky Mountains. There is plenty of room for all of us and a few friends. The Taurus hugs those mountain curves with no problem and the engine is up to the challenge of the hills.

great car
By cecil on 10/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

very nice car to drive one of the best cars ford ever came out with

Simply a Great Car!
By dtstreky on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 98 Taurs back in February of this year, at first I wasn't too keen on the styling but with time I warmed up to it. Other then that I find that the acceleration and handeling are superior for a car of this class. Braking could be better, and body roll is a bit excessive at times. Otherwise all I have done is changed the oil and put soem new brake shoes on the back. Hope to keep for another year or so before upgrading to something in the SUV category.

Great Road Car
By Mr. Mo on 09/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car, especially as a road or touring car. The car feels glued to the road. It has been a one owner car initially used for my sales job. The gas mileage has been excellent 35 mpg highway/28 mpg city. I have servied this car every 3000 miles and it remains in great working condition. Black exterior and grey interior.

Totally Taurus
By Shissy on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I take my Taurus through rain, snow, shine, and etc. I really like the performance quality and especially the 5 star safety rating.

98 Taurus - more than just a Hertz renta
By Ray Bennett on 08/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

My 1998 Taurus has seen an unusual combination of highway and city mileage since I bought it (new). The V6 has plenty of pick up and it cruises nicely. The ride is above average, although there is less road noise in the newer models (I travel and rent a lot). ONLY problem has been that once I changed the factory brakes, we went through pads like crazy. Just went back to factory, and now its fine. The paint wears well, and the vehicle, when clean, always surprises me with that "new" look. 75,000 miles and counting. Handles well, with just a touch of body roll - but keeping good tires on it keeps it fun to drive.

Great Car
By Baldone on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 4 years now and love it. Great ride, roomy, smooth, great fuel consumption for a large car on the highway. The only problem is the front brakes. I had to replace them at 20000 miles due to warping. I changed them to Power stop cross cut drilled rotors with 911 brake pads and have been happy ever since. I actually stop better now than before. I also added goodyear eagle ga h rated tires and found the ride bumpier but the handling improve greatly. If you want the smooth ride of a touring car, don't add performance tires. All in all though, I love the car and am going to keep it for many years to come.

Best Car Ever
By Josh K. on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I just bought my 98 SE Touras (salvaged title) and i just love it. I just put blue headlamps in and thier the best ever i love the oval lights, i want to buy rims , and i just bought a spoiler (SHO spoiler) i just bought proformace exhust tips it added 16 HP! i also added a "Ford Racing" sticker under my hood that makes your car look more stylish.i added a KOSS CD Changer to my car audio, however there is no bass, but they still rock, i love my oval dash too! The Tranny still runs without a 50,00 mile flush!!!!!

Junk Transmission
By Frank735 on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

Nice engine, terrible transmission. I have had aproblem with the trans since day one. Dealer said it was fine and now it has to be replaced. 88K and a new trans? The rest of the car is fine, basic transportation, no frills, no thrills. I almost forgot the power steering goes out after extended highway driving. Dealer comment "We can't see anything wrong". Ha!

Should have went GM
By Corey R on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Ford Taurus Sedan SE 4dr Sedan

I just purchesed a 98 Ford Tauras 3 months ago, and i just hate it, their are no special options like a GM product would have at this price range. I have a tip for Ford, completly re-design that POS tauras.