neat car, but watch out
By nathan on
1993 Ford Taurus SHO 4dr Sedan
The ONLY reason you should buy an SHO is for the same reason I did. Because you think it's a cool car. That, and the performance are this car's redeeming features. You're gonna get lousy mileage (18-19 highway maybe). My SHO broke about once a month, usually the brakes. The brakes are absolutely ridiculous, and you probably won't have the trouble I did, but I'm changing pads and calipers every other weekend it feels like. Mileage is poor, and all the Ford parts pretty much fall apart, but the Yamaha engine is solid as a rock and you'll never have take a wrench to it. Transmission has been replaced and still doesn't work that well (I have the auto). I have 146,000 miles on it.
Favorite Features
It's a rare car, hard to find, and people who know the difference between an SHO and a Taurus are always going to compliment it. Leather, sunroof, power features rock my socks and I love the interior. Engine is awesome. It's a very stealthy fast car.
Suggested Improvements
Yamaha should have made the whole car. Be careful if you buy one, bad mileage, FAR from reliable, but it's a sweet ride and I love it to death but sometimes I just want to drive it into a tree.