1991 Ford Taurus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Taurus model:
Money Pit
By Samantha on 10/11/06 23:25 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car is basically a money pit. I'd be better off financially by throwing my wages into the fireplace. Everything on this car has broken. The transmission is appalling. This car is disgustingly unreliable. I would not buy another Ford product. In fact, I wouldn't even take one for free.

never again!
By bmc on 08/04/05 12:22 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan L 4dr Sedan

It seems like everything that could have gone wrong on this car did. I replaced the oil pump the first week I owned the car. The transmission needed a rebuild, the engine had constant problems and even the front tie rods were falling apart. After $5000 it still didn't run and I gave up and ditched it. They are throw away cars and avoid them.

Low Cost Car
By 1991 Ford T on 06/25/05 23:17 PM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

Bought it at 99,000 miles. Since then, I've put 81,000 miles on it over 6 years. While some of my friends have spent over $50,000 to get new vehicles two or three times over the past six years and dealt with major mechanical problems on these new vehicles, I've only had to replace the water pump and pay for regular maintenance on the Taurus that cost only a fraction of their vehicles.

Don't Laugh It's Paid For
By singnchef on 01/03/05 22:53 PM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan L 4dr Sedan

We bought this car with 76,000 miles on it. I have had no trouble at all. She runs like a dream. We average about 27 mpg on the road. The only thing I have had to do is change the plugs and oil. It only uses 1/3rd quart oil per 1000 miles.

ford taurus
By marie ann on 01/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I own one and it drives very well.

One hell of a car...
By 91Taurus on 11/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

When it comes to reliability, my '91 Taurus passes with flying colors. Almost 116,000 Miles later, this car still runs like it's brand new. Performance, more than adequete. When you need the highway passing power, it more than accomidates. Don't let it fool you. For being a 3.0L 145 H.P. engine, it's got some punch. The interior can't get much more comfortable. And with plenty of room, This car makes a good highway cruiser. I definitely recommend this car.

my Taurus
By ann on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

this car has been a gift from my sister.the car has been repaired alot of times since i've had it. The motor and trans. are great, the susp. parts wear out alot,power stearing,and electical.It has been very reliable other than this.All this I think a lot is the fact that its an older veh.

This is a good car
By ssmircich on 03/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan L 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car! Sure, it's a stodge-mobile, but the purpose of a car is to get from point A to point B, which this car always does. The A/C is dying, but it's been dying for the past 6 years. I hope my next car is the gem this has been. Some of the design is poor, such as the one piece bumpers which cost an outrageous sum to replace.

lemon
By joseph washington on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

awful ,not dependable,bad gas mileage,strange things happen with car.undetectable problems,.

Sweet car
By Jesusfreak9_10_86 on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Ford Taurus Sedan GL 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my neighbor and it had 75,000 miles on it. It has been an awsome car. The only bad thing is that the airconditioning goes out. it usually starts working after you turn it off for about 5 minutes. Other than that the car has great pickup and handeling. I highly recomend this car to anyone who is wanting a reliable cheap car.