Used 1995 Ford Ranger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Ford Ranger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

CANT GO WRONG
By Royal Bargo

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have had my ranger since i was 15 in 2005, it had roughly 120,000 mls on it and the motor look rough. At first i thought i made a 2,000 dollar mistake. I still have that truck now 2015, with over 500,000 mls on it. There aint a price on my old truck.

385000 Miles
By sickprofessor2

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab SB

My 1995 Ranger has 385000 miles on it. What more is there to say? 385000 miles. I don't do much to maintain it, either. I probably change the oil about every 10000 miles. It probably hasn't had a tuneup in 200000 miles. I expect that the drivetrain would keep going to a million miles. The only issues I've had in the past few years have been suspension: rear leaf-spring brackets rusted away and replaced; front sway-bar link broke.

It keeps on running.

the 4.0 engine is a piece of crap
By joeblo1

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck with 122,000 miles on it. It has 137,000 now and it has been nothing but trouble. I have had to replace the midshift bearings twice, the belt tensioner, body bushings and the fuel pump. The head gasket blew several weeks ago. When the engine was in pieces, we saw that one of the pistons had rubbed out gap in the cylinder wall. The motor is now completely useless.

very good looking truck, good suspension, good off road performance

very unreliable, constantly breaking down, easily rusts, electronics are constantly having problems

Built FORD Tough
By xrodriguez

1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I got my 1995 Ford Ranger XLT 2.3L as a hand me down form my mother. with 165,000 miles. It is a very reliable truck and it lives up to its reputation. I have had many electrical problems. Dome light failed to go off and I had to take off the bulbs myself with a rag....ouch. Also, the dash lighting is starting to go out, and the trip and mileage reading went out. Took it many long trips. Had a friend in a Camaro try to take my reputation away with the ladies in High School. When we got off road I showed him out. And for a 2.3 threw a little dust and rocks in his face. Though I wish the back had a little more room in the back. It is a shame that Rangers are being discontinued. It is a mistake

Built Ford tough!
By nitewish21

1995 Ford Ranger XL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I purchased this truck in Feb. of 2011, it currently has only 131,000 miles on it. I have had no problems at all with this truck.It started out as a commercial lease vehicle, im the first private owner of this truck.Its still in "Like-new" condition and i keep the maintenance up on it regularly.It came with a 3.0L V6 and automatic transmission. You can tell the quality of workmanship through and though, there is no better mid-size trucks out there than these Rangers.

Having the power of a V6 and still getting great gas mileage. The transmission shifts smooth and the cloth interior is very comfortable in summer and winter.