Used 1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

Will Live Forever
By Kent

1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I love this truck. I bought it in October of 2007. It currently has 264000 miles on it and it's still on its first engine and transmission. It has many many more miles to come. It hasn't given me hardly any trouble at all and I haven't done any repairs besides ordinary preventative maintainance. Still runs and drives like new and has no mechanical problems.

Easy to use interior, comfortable, 5- speed manual makes it fun to drive. large tires (its a 4x4) make it look tough, manual locking hubs are really strong, the 4.0 liter v-6s low-end torque, and how Ford built these trucks to last. They can easily reach 300000 miles and beyond

Better gas mileage, and putting in airbags for that year would have been nice. Other than that it's great.

Never stops
By -stanky

1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

So good. I love the power it has off the start, after popping into second you're gone. It's definitely the most comfortable ride, super smooth like butter.

The powerful 4.0 V6. Bucket seats. Extended cab.

Not so faulty A/C compressor. stronger bed, (dents easily)

Great truck, keeps on going
By Bill

1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab STX 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck new in '94 and I used it every day for 10 years until I got a family minivan. I have towed concrete mixers, hauled scrap and lumber, use it weekly to carry stuff to the dump. I carried the kids in the extended cab (when they were little, not a lot of room there.) The truck never let me down and today I still have it (though it's semi-retired)and use it 3-4 times a month to go to the dump. It has 167,000 miles on it and now my daughter just got her lisense and she drives it daily to school and about. It still gets 22+MPG. Never did more than routine maint and replaced the clutch 2x. What a great investment in 1994!

Hauls a lot for its size and never needs maintenance.

I'm 6'3", 220lbs so I'd like to see more cab height and firmer seats.

My Ranger in review
By Bruce

1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XLT 2dr Extended Cab SB

I first took possession of my 1994 Ford Ranger XLT on 3/3/04. Overall, the truck has been quite reliable. In the almost 2 years I've had it, I have replaced the starter, idler pulley, fan belt, (broke when pulley seized), and rear leaf spring mounts. It currently has a power steering leak, and needs brakes, that's it. The total amount for all my repairs is about $300 over 2 years; not bad for an 11 year old truck.

The 4 liter V6 and the 5 speed manual transmission provide plenty of pep on the highway, and I really enjoying driving it. The extended cab and bucket seats allow my taller passengers to stretch their legs, while a guy my size can still drive.

The interior of the vehicle could be improved as follows: console between the seats, dual outlet defroster (mine is center output), and more lighter/power outlets. Exterior: tie downs in the bed (if any) are obscured by the bedliner.

Best I've ever owned
By Mountain Man

1994 Ford Ranger Extended Cab XL 2dr Extended Cab SB

This has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. After 157,000 miles (mostly commuting), I've not had a single mechanical failure. My only expenses have been maintenance. I drove it on a 12 hour trip and it was as comfortable as any car I've ever driven.

Reliable, economical.