1994 Ford Probe Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Probe model:
My baby
By savetherhin0 on 04/21/07 23:43 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I've have a good experience with my Probe. I've owned it 6-7 years with not major problems. The biggest problem was the water pump and timing belt at 130K. Other then that, I replaced the entire exhaust and havent had further problems. I am currently having a problem with the oil pan, but stuff happens. I've only been let down by it once in the snow-altenator and power steering belts broke. Only about 100 bucks and half my day. It actually does surprisingly well in the snow and it is a joy to drive in the summer.

Probe SE
By Probe se on 03/25/07 20:31 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I have put 25,000 miles on this car since buying it and have done nothing but maintenance. It handles great, looks nice and gets good mileage. I don't see many on the road any longer which to me makes it that much more desirable. My 94 has only 78,000 miles on it and I am constantly asked if I would sell it. I have become pretty attached to this sporty little car.

"This car is FUN!!"
By Ryan on 01/11/07 12:41 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

The Ford Probe GT is a great fun to drive car. It has great reliability. Nothing was replace on the car until around 110,000 miles. The Probe still has its original transmission at 142,000 miles. It handles like a true sports car. It can really hold the road and has a super fast take off for a 2.5 V6. PS: It gets gas mileage and be even faster with premium gas.

Can't Believe I Still Have It!
By KD on 11/17/06 13:55 PM (PST)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

As the single owner of a '94 purchased 9/94, I can't believe I still have it. It is still plugging away, although I have had some major issues with it over the years. Oil leak, transmission, and the engine light that stayed on for 2 years and WASN'T the O2 sensor! (they kept telling me it was and changed it twice). I will agree strongly that the seats that are rotting, the liner where my hands have been (by window) is rotting, and the red is horrible! It's been painted twice and is now fading again. The trunk is massive (hauled a dining room set in 3 trips). It does idle rough, but could probably use a tuneup. But I have loved this car for 12 years. Need a new one and don't know what to get now.

underrated car
By c_hustle on 08/28/06 20:00 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

This car has been very reliable. I've had it for two years and haven't had any major repairs yet! Great car.

Love the car to death
By GatorAlex on 07/19/06 13:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

This was my first car. I am 16 years old. I love this car and I would recommend this car for a first car because it' s reliable and it gets great gas mileage. And my insurance is not bad either. As the title says, I love this car.

The Pink Probe
By Daniel on 05/16/06 23:14 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car about 2 months ago and have had nothing but problems. This car has 164,000 miles on it. The engine is very healthy but everything else is falling apart. The transmission is very fickle and can never decide what gear to be in. The anti-lock light is on on the dash. The brakes make weird noises. The sunroof is rusting badly. The interior is absolutely falling apart and makes all sorts of funky clunking and cracking noises. The AC makes horrid noises and barely works. In Florida, this is not good! I will never by a Ford Probe GT again and don't recommend them to anyone. Horrible choice.

My Dear Alexa
By Daniel on 05/16/06 23:00 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

I got my 1994 Ford Probe SE with 213,000 miles on her 2 years ago. She has failed me one time. She was in need of a tune up (all the spark plugs fouled out). Front Struts, water pump, and rack and pinion steering have been the only expensive repairs. She has been the best car and loads of fun to drive (only with the five speed). Now with 240,000, she still runs great!

Bang for the Buck
By Smackcat on 04/08/06 22:24 PM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback

Good car for the dollar. 2.5L V6 humps with the 5-speed. Just wish the KLZE engine was available in the U.S. Extreme acceleration for a 164HP engine. The 5-speed is a must, FUN FUN FUN! Tires are expensive. Both CV joints pooped on me. Interior rattles like a snake, but all of them do. Exhaust is tuned nicely. Looks aren't bad, very customizable car. Car doesn't get much glory considering it's a domestic, Ford. Surprises many! Sits low to the ground, not snow-friendly. If the engine goes, KLZE's can be imported from Canada or Asia. The KLZE engine is directly swappable and pushes 200HP. Can you imagine?

Ford Probe
By Chaz on 07/09/05 02:28 AM (PDT)

1994 Ford Probe Hatchback SE 2dr Hatchback

Good car but too slow and too hard to find performance parts. Pulled a 18.5 1/4 mile which is pretty slow but fun and good looking.