2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2007 Mustang Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Sort Reviews by

Best car I've ever had!
By nursemollybsrn

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought this car on 12/14/2011. I've only driven it for over month, it is my daily driver. It has only 19,000 miles on it and it is absoutely stunning! I love everything about this car. The way the engine rumbles, the noise of the blinkers, the sound of the door when you shut it, the stero is kickin', the ease at which the top goes up and down! I have learned that you actually have to be careful in slower traffic because when you step on the gas...you get an instant response. And yes, I have raced it. I have smoked everyone that I have come up against - in town and highway - with barely any effort. This car was made to go fast! And is excellent therapy if you have a stressful day at work!

Great Summer Car
By mikeonbass

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

First - let my inform you readers I'm very car knowlegeable. I am quite skilled in the field of automotive engines and electronics. I deal with driveability issues every day. Having said that -this is my first Ford in 17 years. Its my middle-age-crisis toy. Im a guy who has owned scores of GM vehicles - some good and some lousy. I went with Ford this time because this is a company that doesnt appear to do alot of the dumb engineering things I have witnessed lately on either GM or Mopar. Having said all that lets talk about the car itself. I purchased this winter with only 4300 miles on it. I now have over 16000 miles on it after a few long distance trips the last couple months.

Favorite Features

The car has great exterior looks obviously. The 4.6 3 valver is a great engine with a very linear torque curve. It pulls steady all the way to 6K with no peakiness. The clutch is smooth and tranny is a joy to shift. You can start in second gear as easy as first. The instrument panel is very attractive and laid out simply. Same goes for all the interior controls for AC, Heating and radio. Power top works slick. Nothing much to figure out and fumble with. Steering is very quick and handling nimble. The interior is pretty good. The power leather seats are great. Very comfortable on long trips. This convertible has NO wind noise whatsoever at any speed. Top up or down.

Suggested Improvements

The dashboard is a little cheap with plastic. It could use a real padded dash like in the Shelbys. Independant real wheel suspension would be nice but is only an issue for me on rough roads. Ford should caution thier owners to change the oil every 3000 miles instead of 5. This engine has electronic "VVT". (Variable Valve Timing). You cant let it get real dirty without risking cam phazer problems. This applies to any engine with "VVT" no matter who builds it. Trust me on this.

I waited six years for this.
By Bonfire

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Since the initial unveiling of the new body style for 2005, I have patiently yearned for a 2007 Mustang. My wait finally came to a glorious end last Friday, when I traded-in my 1997 V6 black coupe, and purchased a 2007 Grabber Orange GT convertible. To quote the 1975 Queen song title: "I'm in love with my car." The Mustang GT is all I expected and more. First, since this car is my fifth Mustang, I have grown accustom to the traction-less rear end. Yet the GT feels solid and attached to the road. The car has a terrific low- end sound, yet quiet enough to hear the stereo, passengers, and yes, the familiar convertible "rattle". But I'll take a little "rattle" over a mini-van any day of the week!

Favorite Features

The design. The sound. The colors. The tingle of adrenaline as 300 horsepower springs to life in my garage in the morning.

Suggested Improvements

Possibly removing the gas gauge from the instrument panel. It is hard to watch the gas needle zoom toward empty on a daily basis.

Weekend Fun
By MarkK

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I just purchased a used 2007 GT/CS convertible for some summer fun, This car is a blast to drive on a sunny day with the top down. Great acceleration and exhaust note. It also handles better than I expected. The lower profile and 18 inch wheels on the California Special probably helps here. I bought this car strictly for weekend and pleasure driving and so far I'm very pleased.

Favorite Features

Exhaust note and a second gear that has plenty of pull. Shaker 500 system is easy to hear at high speeds with the top down. Great looks.

Suggested Improvements

Poor design on cup holders. Can't shift if you have a drink in the front holder. You'll get the standard rattles of a convertible with the top up but I didn't buy it to drive with the top up.

A Striking Blonde Airhead of a Car
By PowerSurfer

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

If this were a car, it would be a blond airhead that seduces you in the beginning but doesn't hold your interest and isn't reliable over the long run. After three years the only part of the car I like is the V8 engine. The suspension is crude and not up to the power of the engine. The manual trans is hard to shift, and the clutch is heavy. This car requires a lot of attention to drive smoothly, especially in anything but warm dry weather- and I've been to performance driving school. The stereo is missing the midrange, it's all highs & lows and the menu system is dangerous to use while driving. The ergonomics are horrible, with cup holders in the way of the shifter and inadequate storage.

Favorite Features

The engine in warm weather. Exterior design. As a Vista Blue convertible it's a chick magnet for women of all ages.

Suggested Improvements

Crude suspension, manual trans, ergonomics, sound system, lack of storage, overall quality, friendliness of dealers. Lots of rattles after 24,000 miles.

magic mustang
By mike

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Only had the car 3+ months and will store it for the winter. Inside and out, this car reminds me of my all- time favorite '67 Mustang. Car has Flowmaster exhaust, sounds great, awesome V8 rumble. Leather seats are very comfortable, Mach 1000 stereo is outstanding. Seriously, 100 mph, top down, tunes sound perfect. Original owner said only issue he had was door covers vibrating with tunes loud. Dealer packed the doors with insulation, no more problem. Quality of interior materials is very good, better than most cars. Fit and finish is excellent. Mileage is fairly good if you behave, but that's tough to do - too much fun. Get one before they're gone!

Favorite Features

'67 Mustang looks. V8 rumble. Mach 1000 stereo. Retro dash.

Suggested Improvements

None

Love my GT/CS Convertible!
By Sherry

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This is a really fun car to drive! One thing that helped this car tremendously in handling was an Eibach lowering kit - before lowering it the car would get some serious body roll in the turns. After lowering it I sacrificed some of the cushy ride, but owning a Mustang isn't about being cushy! The delayed throttle response due to the fly-by-wire technology is a little strange to get used to, but can be compensated for by adding a hydrogen assist kit - supposed to help with gas mileage (and it does by about 1-2 mpg), but in this car with a tune it actually added about 12-15 hp, which seems to all come in during the low rpms, improving throttle response and the 'seat of your pants' launch.

Favorite Features

Convertible is a lot of fun. Used several times in parades and has been absolutely perfect for it. The 5- speed automatic is absolutely the best! After test driving both the manual and automatic, I ordered mine with the automatic because it felt faster - and I've driven/raced manuals for years!

Suggested Improvements

Paint quality isn't the greatest - it seems to be thinly applied and I've gotten a few nasty rock chips that shouldn't have gone as deep as they do. The interior is pretty good, but would be better if they used a higher quality leather.

Best 4 seat convertible for the money
By John

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've only had Japanese or German cars, but the Mustang has always stirred my interest a little, despite my general disdain for American design.That is, until this new body style came along. I must admit that I warmed up to it quickly and before long, I just had to have it. I wanted a convertible (actually did not mind a V6) and realized that since I'm a family man now, there are not a lot of choices out there:(Solara, anyone? Or worse, Eos) The Mustang fit the bill: Classic style, history, raw power and seats 4 to boot. Got the V8, who needs the radio when you have the rumble from the exhaust for entertainment? Crazy torque, handles well for its size and looks gorgeous with the top down

Favorite Features

Exterior style, Interior style (not materials), minimal shake for a vert, Awesome stereo (you can hear the songs at 85 mph with the wind rushing over your head), Passing prowess and drama with the manual. Surprisingly docile for city driving, corners well for a big car. Different colors on dash.

Suggested Improvements

Interior materials, more storage in cabin, relocate cupholders. One latch and one button top lowering. 18 inch wheels standard on GT, upgraded brakes. Better AV outlet cover (seriously!) Rattle during low speed 2-3 shifts. Cloth top standard. Spare tire.

Very Happy
By Bud

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

The fun factor of driving this car is off the charts! The engine, with the cold air intake, is the sweetest sounding engine that you have ever heard with a low, high pitched whistle. Get the seat warmer option and you can drive it with the top down over 40 degrees. I picked it up in Tampa and the 8 hours I spent driving it home was as much fun as a man can have with his clothes on! Handling is superb and the front seats are extremely comfortable with the ability to actually lean your head back on the head rest to prevent fatigue. Very pleased and happy with the purchase a month into the ride.

America's Pony Real Good Fun
By carockwell

2007 Ford Mustang Convertible GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Being a Euro car snob I was more than surprised with how much I liked my wife's midlife crisis car. The new Mustangs have everything I always liked about American cars and none of the problems. The convertible is quiet, dry, easy to use, and little buffeting compared to other convertibles. The car handles extremely well, it is very controllable/predictable on the track and well balanced. The power is amazing, but what would I know I used to drive a Fiat. By far the biggest surprise with this car is how comfortable the car is on long trips. I can drive 800 miles and feel great when I get out. So far, I get 18.7 mpg overall which is okay considering the power and automatic transmission.

Favorite Features

Power,comfort, and handling. The Mustang has very neutral handling at the limit, not the understeering pigs that the original's were.Also, the 4.6 GT accelerates faster than the old Shelby GT 500 with the 428! This car is like the perfect restored Shelby Mustang you always dreamed about getting.

Suggested Improvements

This car needs a modern "sportmatic" tansmission like all the Euro cars have. The tranny does have an overdrive button that gives you an instant downshift(like the old British cars) but it would be handy to have more control of the automatic. The brakes are marginal for track use. Needs HID lights.