Used 2006 Ford Mustang Consumer Reviews - 312 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My 1st Stang !
By StangGirl731

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

This car is a blast. I purchased my 06' Performance White GT Premium about 4 months ago. It drives like a dream, its everything I ever imagined. I wanted one since the day it came out and I'm not sorry for the purchase. I get a lot of compliments. So far I have not had any problems what so ever. I have taken it to the Ford dealership I purchased it from for oil changes and everytime so far everything has been 100%

Acceleration, exhaust note, comfortable seats, shaker 500 audio.

I don't get why Ford is still behind their rivals with certain aspects. Like the manual passenger seat? What is that?

great car bad battery and window system
By stevie

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I love to drive the car and to look at the car. I have had problems with the battery draining. I've jumped it 5 times. I've also had problems with the driver side window. I had to take it to the dealership 2 times for the same issue. The 3rd time it was out of warranty and the dealership didn't want to take ownership of the problem.

300 hp and the growl of the engine.

I don't like dealing with the dealership service department. They are not helpful and not pleasant. The window is a recurring unresolved issue.

Super Reliable
By Rock

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought it new and have 63k miles. Never a problem. Added some goodies, headers, catback, CAI, 373 rearend and hurst short throw. 360hp. Love this car. I still get comments from people. I have never had a brake job and I'm at 63k miles and still have 20% wear left. Solid, solid, solid is what this car is. I won't ever get rid of it. Best thing Ford ever did.

Convertible and oh so nice by the ocean. Shaker 1000. Do they make anything better? Don't think so. Acceleration and cornering unbelieveable. I change oil every 3k but have had nothing go wrong.

None. Some of my Chevy buds say the 2010 looks a little feminine. Hmmm. Come to think of it, it does a little. Think I'll buy one for the wife!

Great Car
By ChristaK

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

It's noisy. It rides rough. It's uncomfortable on long trips. It's great on gas. It looks great. It has not let me down. I wouldn't trade it for another.....Unless it was a newer one. This is my second one. It's all mine. And it's payed off!

Very nice sound system, automatic transmission.

Optional more comfortable seating.

Dreams are well worth working for!
By MustangKenny

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've always wanted a V8 Mustang since my dad showed me a certain Steve McQueen movie called Bullitt, I just loved the styling and ferocity of McQueen's highland green '68 fastback GT. Nothing else was cooler. Then Ford released the '05 model, now that's a Mustang! Well in a nutshell I found a tungsten grey '06 GT auto with 7k on it and bought it. Best decision ever. I love this V8! It's fast and it sounds great, though mine now sports a cold air intake and Pypes Violator exhaust and it turns heads with it's loud rumble. Also this car is built extremely well. 31k on it and not even a rattle, not a problem. This is one I WILL NOT BE TRADING IN!

The 4.6 liter SOHC V8 is a great engine. 300 hp is good, but it's easy to get much more power from it. Ford Racing, Saleen, Roush, Steeda and many more can up the ante. Also my GT has the best car seat I've ever sat in. Also a very well built car. No rattles. reliability has also been excellent.

Could use an independant rear suspension (though the solid rear axle isn't really a problem) and the V8 could use more hp and more displacment. Radio could use an auxilary port.