2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
One Super Car
By DC Dave on 01/16/09 18:19 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought my 2006 GT with 5,000 miles on it and in absolute perfect condition. This car is a blast to customize and an absolute head turner.

Bought it new, falling apart
By Brenda on 01/14/09 10:10 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 2006 Mustang v6 Coupe is my 7th Mustang, I bought it new off the lot, and it's left me stranded all over town--thank God I have roadside assistance! After two years of ownership a dead battery left me stranded out at work at midnight, in March I'll have had the car 3 years and I just had to put a new transmission in it at 68,000 miles. The Ford dealer said that since I hadn't had the transmission serviced at 30,000 mile intervals like the manual says I need to, they can't help. I've not had the oil changed exactly every 3,000 miles, does this mean the engine is going to blow? Very poor quality.

Great retro fun, but...
By Intothewest on 01/03/09 13:13 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Convertible (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Bought this car after convincing my wife we "needed" a convertible. Since we have a child, we needed something with a back seat. Since I needed a "sports" car (re: not FWD), the Mustang was the only real option. After years of disliking Mustangs (Fox platform versions), and driving several Japanese cars (Civics, WRX, etc), I was pleasantly surprised how quickly this car reminded me what's important in a car...a good sounding and performing engine, great looks, and back-to-basics simplicity, which means living with some shortcomings. The rear live axle can feel a little unplanted on rough roads during spirited cornering. The interior materials quality is also low-rent in look and feel.

Great Ride!
By Shivel on 12/30/08 04:16 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Standard 2dr Convertible (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had wanted a Mustang since my teen years and bought one 30 years later. I bought the base model. I havent had any trouble with it since purchasing. Has great get up and go I love shifting gears! Holds the road great and that says something with all the winding country roads we have in WV. Good gas mileage on the highway, not so good in city.

Drive It Like I Stole It
By luangtom on 12/20/08 22:01 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I got back into the Mustang as a retiree and do not regret it. It is a fun car to drive and fulfills all my needs as a daily driver. Ya gotta love the V8 using regular-gas. It is also easily personalized and that is what I am in the process of doing.

Elvira
By pitbeagle73 on 12/11/08 18:09 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

As soon as I got a glimpse of the 2006 Mustang GT I knew that I would have one, all I had to do was find one that was black on black. Well, that proved to be harder than anticipated. It took more than a year but we found a dealership that would allow us to build the car of our dreams. I picked Elvira up on Oct 2nd 2005 and she has been loved every day since. We drove her from Ohio to Florida in pouring rain without any trouble and surprising gas mileage. She is garage kept and stored as soon as snow threatens to fall. Our only complaint has been the cupholder position and trouble finding quality after market parts such as the shaker system that my husband suprised me with this past birthday

Incredible drive
By John on 09/24/08 09:27 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I bought my Mustang new and right away I installed slp loudmouths and a K&N aircharger. I love this car. It's never a dull moment driving it. Just when you think you have it figured out it reminds you it has more when it slams you in the seat while spinning the tires.

The Best Mustang Yet
By Pam on 09/22/08 15:54 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned many Mustangs. From a 1965 Coupe to a 2003 Mach 1 (I still own that one). This is the best Mustang yet in every area. It handles well, looks great, and has much more room that any previous Mustang. I have a five speed manual and it gets over 30 mpg on the highway although it is not rated that high. This car is the best "all around" car I have ever owned. In addition everywhere I go everyone compliments me on the car and wants to know all about it. I have found that not only is this car welcome at Mustang shows it is also welcome at all local cruise in's, car shows, etc. Try that with your SUV. It is 1965 all over again with this latest generation Mustang!

Great Mustang!
By Nick on 09/19/08 22:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

I've had my 06 Mustang GT for two and a half years. Overall, I love this car! The modern-retro look, the powerful v-8, the American-muscle rumble, its got it all. I always love driving it, even in my routine communites. In the world full of soccer mom mini-vans, clunky pick-up trucks, and ho-hum sedans, it feels good driving a car that stands out and demands attention. This just doesn't become a "daily driver car" like your grand am, accord, or malibu. This car becomes a part of you. You'll eventually end up giving this car a name like Shelby, Sally, or Eleanor. This is the type of car that you pass down to your children. So, buy one, throw in your fav AC/DC album, and drive and live!

Great Stang
By KIKI on 09/04/08 21:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl 5M)

Great car, dollar for dollar the most gratifying car I've owned. After coming off a slug slow but reliable BMW this is a very fun exciting ride. Wife's Audi which left our world last month feeling like a recovering crack addict, put her in the new 2009 flex. Average mileage 60% city 40% freeway/speedway southern california avg hghwy speed 80 mph overall mileage 21 on the Mustang v-8 quite impressive. Can't say enough about this car plan to hit 300k before retirement then it will still be worth a rebuild for weekend duties and fun.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.