Used 2006 Ford Mustang Premium Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

DONT BUY A MUSTANG!
By stnghot

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I made the mistake of buying one of these 2006 lemons. It is sitting in the shop w 46000 miles on it..the bill? $3000. Entire rear diff has to be replaced including the axles are shot. Theres a service bulletin so get yours checked! Ford offered to pay 750..I drive it like a baby and a rear diff should not go out that early. Research and you will find Im not the only one. Im not fixing this lemon. Its going to its grave and Im buying a foreign car. Called Ford..they said thanks for calling...they dont stand behind their cars so why would I put myself in one? Perfect personalized plate would be FORDLMN if I was gonna keep it. Save yourself the hassle and heartache....dont buy one.

Looks real nice on the rack at the dealership.

Make the car last as long as the loan at least...my word....46000 miles...3000 dollars...I havent even had it 2 years yet. Mr. Ford is rolling over in his grave.

"Payback Pony"
By Lizard

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

While in hospital for 4 months, I used the latest style Mustang as my "carrot to recovery." My 1st "pinned in the seat" experience was in a '68 428 (I was 9). V6 goes like a small V8. In Canada, Ford markets this as the "Pony Pkg," which includes the handling pkg (ABS, traction control, and rear sway bar). Beautiful "Bullitt" wheels (17") and Pirrelli's, are included, along with Pony badging. 5 speed auto is smooth and saves gas (22 mpg imp). Build quality rivals my Camry. The vented, 4 wheel disc brakes are amazing! Car really handles well, too. Overall, I'm very pleased, with this well balanced car. The 210 horsepower V6 is ample for today's economy/gas prices/speed limits.

Retro style! Balance of power/handling/braking. Radio/CD is decent. Value for the dollar...feels like a more expensive car. 4 seats, if you need in a pinch. Paint quality (mine is "Fire Red,") is gorgeous. Own it today, as Camaro/Challenger are still years away. No ashtray...good. Very nicely equipped.

No sunroof available (factory or aftermarket). No transmission dipstick (I'm a do-it-yourself guy). Add dual exhaust, for looks/more, tuned rumble. Add a locking fuel door (even low end imports have!). Add inside trunk release. Add in-hood turn signals (like a '68).

Ford Won't Fix My Mustang
By Another Lemon Driver

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I believe it is NOT normal.There is a surge in the RPMs in neutral…up to 2500 at times. This problem is intermittent. According to the engineer, this is the way the car is supposed to drive if the car is not downshifted, and also that it could be that I am not pushing the clutch in all the way. I have had this problem occur even in the absence of these supposed precipitating factors. I have had my Mustang in for service numerous times over the past year. The problem started a month after I bought the car. If it is normal, why didn't it do it when I first bought the car?

I have also gone online to research this problem, and have found other people who have the same problem and who also do not feel that this problem is normal. It is my assertion that Ford Corporation is aware of this problem, but that it would be a huge cost to fix or recall all of the Mustangs.

FIX THE PROBLEM WITH THE RPM'S.

The envy of the office
By MeLLowJive

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Working at a Fortune 100 company you'd think there would be less minivans and Hyundais in the parking lot. But mine is like 1/4th Mustangs. But mine has the pony package and interior upgrade. I love the looks and get tons of compliments. It's fast, handles well, gets OK gas mileage, great on highway, really bad if you look at the digital mileage while idling or city driving. Shaker 500 sound system is terrible, it's very bulky and doesn't match with my aluminum dash. They should have made all the climate knobs silver and stereo trim. Water always drips off the roof edge onto my seat when its raining and you open door. Water sits in the gas cap area, can rust? No trunk release inside either?

Powerful for v6, sometimes I burnout by accident with my 5 speed. One touch up and down windows. 5 year warranty now, but I didn't get any new warranty card. Handles a lot better than I thought for a Mustang. I think the new models are a lot better than previous generations.

Fix the water from dripping onto my seat and armrest from the roof and window. The fabric stains very easily. No one fits in back seat and they mess it up trying. TILT STEERING WHEEL. Doesn't tilt as far as I can find. Water in the gas cap area=bad. Trunk release in car. Gas cap lock. Gas=$$=stolen.

Love My 'Stang!
By grybohhk

2006 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Until this latest generation of Mustang, I have not liked any of the designs since 1970. I opted for the V6 Premium with Pony Package. I have a long commute and gas mileage was a concern. The 5 speed manual transmission gives the V-6 plenty of power. Only issues I have had were poor adhesive on the Pony side stripe and a hose for the emissions equipment came loose. Dealer took care of both of these under warranty. So many aftermarket parts are available to give the Mustang its own personality.

Design/Retro look.

Not at all impressed with the Audio System. Poor sound at high volume. The stereo in the GT is different and probably offers better sound.

• SUV