Used 2006 Ford Mustang Deluxe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Mustang

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Fun Car
By Megan

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this car for about 4 months. I just started college, and I use the car for my 6 hour drive to and from school. It makes the drive pretty well. However, when I am in the passenger seat during the drive, I get annoyed with the way the dash is set up. It's hard to put your feet up. Also, the seat doesn't recline very far. The seats are very comfortable though. I am always cold and my boyfriend is always hot, so I really like how easy it is to close the vents on one side of the car. I just had to replace the gear shift at 15,000 miles. I would like a larger back seat, but it's as big as would be expected for a Mustang. It's hard to get in and out of because of the long doors.

Favorite Features

CD player and style, comfortable seats, the vents, driver and passenger windows roll down and up with just one touch, good acceleration, fun to drive, good headlights and brights, beeps until passenger puts on seatbelt (but knows when it's just the dog and doesn't beep).

Suggested Improvements

Small back seat, can't lock the windows, the gear shift, the door design, small and oddly shaped trunk, gas mileage, cruise control doesn't stay on speed as well as I would like, middle of backseat is awkward, radio controls on steering wheel, speakers, visibility when changing lanes.

2006 Mustang
By Darrell Gray

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

For a V6 It's fast. Most V8 don't have a chance.

Favorite Features

Power and style. Handling is super in curves.

Suggested Improvements

Find a fit for the gas tank. Only able to hold a half tank when filling up. Transmission grinds going into 2nd gear. Been in shop 3 times, no fix.

All Show, Not Enough Go
By Brian

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I knew Ford had a winner when I saw the wonderful concept car. With slick retro styling and more power, I was sure I would love the car. I really like both interior and exterior styling and the car is very comfortable, even with the stiff(ish) suspension tuning. The car handles pretty well for the money too. I am a bit disappointed with the lack-luster acceleration. I'm not looking for high-end V8 numbers here, but I don't feel even a slight surge when flooring the accelerator-even when downshifting first. It seems to accelerate the same whether the pedal is at half-way or pinned to the floor. Most of us don't drag race these things, but a little more power would be appreciated.

Favorite Features

The styling is great. A nice mixture of retro and modernistic styling. Pretty good shifter too.

Suggested Improvements

Straight line acceleration would be great. Nothing too ridiculous, just enough to remind us that we are in fact, in a Mustang. I'd also like to see a different position for the cup holders. Cups tend to get in the way of shifting.

Lime green Mustang convertible
By Lisa Socha

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love the Mustang . I wouldn't change a thing about it. Love the color too (Lime Green).

Favorite Features

The convertible top.

Suggested Improvements

I would make it so the back seats can fold down just in case I needed more room in the trunk.

A classic
By mike

2006 Ford Mustang V6 Deluxe 2dr Coupe (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am 37 and have never owned anything but GM cars or trucks. I have always bought REAR-wheel drive automobiles and the 2006 Ford Mustang was the best bang for the buck. I purchased the V-6 (my first - always have owned v-8's) due to the rising fuel costs. The Mustang handles well and accelerates nearly as well as my '95 Formula Firebird. Ford really did their homework well in putting together a car that captures what sports cars should look and handle like. GM - you better wake up and get the Camaro back out before you lose all your sports car followers. Let's face it, the Corvette is just too highly priced. Long live the Mustang.

Favorite Features

The awesome looking body and style of the old 69-70 Mustang.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps offer regular roll up windows; when power windows go out it is a pain.