1996 Ford Mustang - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:
Better Gas Mileage in real world
By Sernach on 08/28/10 00:52 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I have a 96 Mustang Convertible with 311+K on the Body. Engine Has around 100k. I average 20 City and 30 MPG Freeway even if I'm driving Fast. Turning radius on these year stangs 94- 04 is horrific. Winter Driving takes a skilled driver. Always starts for me.

My mustang
By 1996 mustang gt on 05/27/10 12:40 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

This mustang still has not given me any problems since I bought it. Even at 14 years old. I expected it to have give me at least some problems.

my 96 gt
By my 96 gt on 12/15/09 21:32 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Convertible

I have owned my mustang for 9 months and it was my fourth vehicle purchase and the most expensive i have owned rare cars for the most part including a rx7 and a fiero. I found my stang and fell in love with it right away and it has been the most fun of any car iv driven its honestly sad when i have to get out of it its very reliable and runs great you truly have to drive one to know the feeling!

My car
By 96gtJohn on 04/01/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I purchased my Gt october of 07. Excited as hell the first day in it i nearly crashed it. I bought the car from a friend of mines that worked at the for dealership and he bought it from another guy at the same dealership. The car is far from stock. Since I have owned the car I've changed the headlights, taillights, tinted the windows, lowered the car. I have also added the K&N cold air intake (great purchase) I have changed the throttle body, also added the slp loudmouth shotgun resonators which sound amazing, i have also put wider (275) meaty tires to get the car to stick, larger brakes, 04 cobra tranny, and to top it off i had the car paint purple/ black with metal flakes.

cheap reliable american classic
By Philip Gray on 03/22/09 15:21 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I've had this car about 6 months now and have had no problems at all. It had 97K miles when I bought it but later I realized the odometer doesn't work so I don't really know how many it has on it. My favorite things about it are that it has great looks, it gets good gas mileage, and all the power options on it. Overall this is the best economical american muscle car for the money.

I'm selling it!
By bordasel_1708 on 07/19/08 23:19 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I have had my mustang for a year and 3 months. It had 89,000 miles when I bought it and it now has 99,000. Since I've had it I had to put new spark plugs, a frame bushing ball joint, belt, a/c clutch, ignition, and also have had it aligned twice. The seats that came in it were ugly. But I put seats from a 99 Mustang in them which look really nice. I have magnaflow dual exhaust on it (which sounds great), and traded in the 15" rims for 17", got a new sonic blue paint job, custom taillights and headlights. Which have made it a good looking car that turns heads. It has been reliable and has never broken down. Overall it is a decent car.

Excellent car
By rainydal on 03/22/08 21:00 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

I love my Stang! I bought it five years ago, and have sped around in it everyday. It handles great in snow and rain considering it is rear wheel drive. Today a drunk driver smashed it up and I am so depressed.

I'm loving it
By Dave on 11/28/07 13:11 PM (PST)

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Coupe

I love my stang. I put aftermarket exhaust, air intake with K&N filter, electronic distributor, thicker spark plug wires and better spark plugs. Very fun to drive and sounds great with true dual exhaust!

1996 Mustang Cobra (they didn't list it)
By Mustang Lover on 10/20/07 20:50 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang GT 2dr Coupe

Wonderful car to own. I have had several Mustangs in the past 8 years. I have had V-8's and 1; V-6. All have been a pleasure to own. If you are looking for a V-6 spend the extra money for the extra HP you will happy that you did. The back seat is for looks basically, handling is wonderful, & speed is great!

Lowered Mustang
By mustang man on 09/06/07 14:55 PM (PDT)

1996 Ford Mustang 2dr Convertible

I love my green Mustang with tan top. When I bought the car it was lowered in the front, dual exhast and cobra R wheels. This car is extremely fun to drive and when the top's off, wow on a nice night it's great. But I must say that the gas mileage is pretty bad, I feel like I'm always at the gas station. But other then that I plan on buying a 1998 GT convertible that's how much I like them.