2009 Ford Fusion S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2009 Fusion Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Sort Reviews by

Ford is Top-Dog!
By Christine

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

LOVE THIS CAR! I bought the V6 SEL sport package... because 18" are MUCH better than 17". I am glad I chose the V6 because it doesn't take much for this car to accelerate! I love the cloverleaf entrance ramps now!

Favorite Features

SYNC; 18" ten spoke rims; interior and exterior temp.; digital temp. control; factory sound system is pretty sweet; everyone should have a sunroof... I love everything about this car! Best purchase I have ever made!

Suggested Improvements

I think that the windows should come slightly tinted... having a black car with all black interior gets pretty toasty. I didn't like any of the lower models, the features just weren't there. Who am I kidding, there's nothing wrong with this car!

Happy Renter
By Happy Renter

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I rented this car for a short trip, total 300 miles, in one day. The best part of this trip was driving this car. It is so fun to drive and comfortable to be in for long periods. The extras like the floor lights, and the ipod adaptor made my teenagers very happy. This car had amazing pickup and power. It feels like your barely moving when your going over the speed limit.I'd love to own this car.

Favorite Features

The controls on the steering wheel were great, the cruise control and stereo controls , it made for a safe journey

Suggested Improvements

The only thing would be the gas mileage, I averaged about 23 on the highway.

Great value
By cj

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Much better than I anticipated for the price. Not overpowered/just right. I love the handling with a composed ride. Glad I got the V6, Four was noisy. Very good legroom.

Favorite Features

Sync, legroom front and back, comfort and value

Suggested Improvements

Quieter tires than the Conti's

Great Car! Very Comfortable!
By owensry

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

It is the most comfortable car ive ever been in the seats are so supportive, looks great love the SEL and the V6 engine, great color "Vapor Silver" with the charcoal interior makes the car. Navigation is great!!!

Favorite Features

SEL, V6, Navigation System, SYNC, Ambient Lighting, Love the IPOD away out of site in the console, unlike other ford models.

Suggested Improvements

Make Navigation prompts easier to say instead of User device every time to say a track or artist just when you press the button just say play "this". BRING BACK HOOD STRUTS!!! HATE THE ROD!

I like it.
By John

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Had a hard time deciding but finally went with the v6 Fusion SE. I have to say so far I am very pleased. The car handles particularly well and the braking is excellent. It is roomy inside even though it appears to be a smaller car from the outside. The 3.0 v6 has plenty of power although I can notice the difference coming down from a 3.8L. Ford appears to understand how to compete with the Toyotas and Hondas. I would rate this car with either of them.

Favorite Features

Love the Sync even though it is a little challenging to set up. Once you get it going, it is great. I also love the dashboard storage compartment. Mine is black, both interior and exterior which I love. My backseat passengers say it is very roomy in the back.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise is noticeable, I think they could work on that. The headrests are high but manageable. Automatic daytime running lights should be standard features in this vehicle.

1st new car purchase at 18 :]
By megan09

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new this month. I'm eighteen & was thoroughly afraid of the whole picking what I want process. The fusion has it all & I will definately be stickin to FORD vehicles for a long while.

Favorite Features

I love the moon & tunes option. The sunroof is fantastic & I always have it open! AND i'm pretty sure the SYNC system by microsoft is the coolest option ever. Besides its got a great safety rating which helped put my grandparents at ease :]

Suggested Improvements

The engine. I love cars && as nice as this car is they coulda done a little more with the engine like add a couple horse-power or something.

FORD U.S.A. superior
By Chad

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

First off absolutley great car inside and out. The features are great love the navigation, Sync is so cool , ambient lighting is a neat feature. 18 inch wheels with sport suspension great handling. Safety is key 5 star across the boards beat that imports!!! The audiophile is very good sound system for factory.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, navigation, performance, looks and quality dash layout and fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

nothing

Highly Recommended!
By Bob

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After looking at Honda, Hyundai, Toyota, & Chevy alternatives I chose the Fusion. I've been driving the car for nearly a month. No regrets so far whatsoever. This car is fun to drive! My commute is 45 minutes each way so I've got to know the car pretty well. With the V6 I regularly get 28 mpg, and with the sync system and sirius radio I'm entertained like I've never been.

Favorite Features

Sync is awesome! This car has a very quiet ride, quite a bit quieter than the 99 Honda Accord it replaced, I hope it lasts as long! First car I've ever owned with a sunroof, and I'm liking that too!

Suggested Improvements

I've only been driving this car for about a month and I can't think anything that I'm not happy with at this point.

love this car
By chuck

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Looked at all the competition for this vehicle; Accord, Camry. Mazda 6, Sonata, Malibu and chose the Fusion. Had the most room and most comfort up front for a big tall buy that was tired of small cars. It is a blast to drive with a nice combination of power and comfort. Very nice fit and finish for the money with a host of nice little details that makes it fun to show off. Very nice Black paint job matched with the black leather and blue suede interior that my wife just loves. Overall canít beat what you get for the money and Ford has matched the import quality in look and feel.

Favorite Features

Engine performance, sound system and overall look of the interior with the blue suede package.

Suggested Improvements

Add moving MPG and outside temp.

Happy Surprise
By Jim

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

One test drive and I knew. Having already tested Camry, Accord, Subaru, Altima and Mazda 3, I thought I'd see what Ford had done with the Mazda 6 chassis. I'm happy to say that they hit a home run! Smooth, quiet, and plenty powerful even in the Colorado mountains, the AWD with traction and stability control makes this thing a blast to drive on the twisties. It handles ice and snow with a surprising (and reassuring) aplomb. I am proud of myself for making the right choice. (I did upgrade to aftermarket wheels and sticky tires and now it's perfect!)

Favorite Features

Seats that fit me. Fun factor.

Suggested Improvements

Come on Ford, how about another gear selection choice for this excellent automatic?!