Used 2009 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Fusion: I love it!
By nygiants44

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car rocks!Ford has a real winner on its hands. Love the performance,a really nice,comfotrable and reliable ride.

Power,Looks,Realibilty

None right now...

Extended Review for 2009 Ford Fusion SE
By Novice Editor

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was resistant to get into this car because I thought it was low end vehicle but I was pleasantly surpised by its handling and styling. The car gives cues of a Lexus sedan, especially the front. Mine is equipped with Sport wheels and low profile tires and makes a tremendous difference in handling. 5 speed trans is good once it gets going in the higher ranges. Gas economy is great on pure highway; I got up to 42 miles p/gallon and it's not a hybrid. My usual commute is 60% highway and 40% local,traveling 100 miles roundtrip. I'm averaging 27-29 miles per gallon. Not bad. Trip commuter works well and the SYNC system is a real tribute. I don't like the cartridge filter design; too messy.

SNYC, radio controls on the wheel, gas mileage on pure highway travel is great. Good bang for the money but it needs to hold its value better! This kept Ford from buying into the Government's assistance program; more competitive against the imports.

No vanity or reading lights for the back seat area; gets pretty dark. Needs a clock in the center console inside of advertsing Fusion. A little quicker off the line would be a better mix. Lumbar area doesn't seem comfortable no matter how I adjust the seat. Toss that spring loaded paper oil filter!

Excellent Vehicle!
By Don Schwinn

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Gave up on Audis and decided to help out Detroit. My V6 SEL AWD Fusion has 5000 miles now and I'm totally satisfied. The Microsoft Sync system is terrific. The car handles as well as my former Audi and with all the bells and whistles was 1/2 the price of a new Audi. Sure I had to give up memory seats and mirrors, auto up-down of all windows, poewer passenger seat, homelink and cachet but I still got awd, nav, heated seats, Michelin tires, alloy wheels, reverse sensing, leather, metallic paint, fold down rear seats and premium sound. If you're looking for an American brand mid-size, this one is a winner.

Microsoft Sync connects to the iPod part of my iPhone as well as streaming music and radio stations. It's the most user friendly product Microsoft has ever done. Beats my wife's new Toyota system hands down. Handling is excellent. Plenty of power to jump out into heavy traffic. Good looking, too.

Engine hood is heavy to lift without a gas strut assist. Auto up-down on all windows would be nice. A switch at the trunk to open it would be handy.

Decent Car - Take a Look at One
By Jeff

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my Fusion for over a month now and have 1,200 miles on it. Ride is nice and has a very responsive steering system. The trunk is large and the gas mileage has been decent @ 25mpg. The V6 has good power and the transmission shifts smoothly. The headrests are not comfortable and need to be redesigned, hopefully they got it right on the 2010 model. Overall, I am very happy with it and we chose it over the Camry, Accord and Sonata. It was a tough decision but so far so good.

Body style and paint color (vapor smoke), interior comfort and performance

Headrests are not good

It was great at first. . .
By Denise M.

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 8th car, 2nd new car and first American made car. Initially I was elated with my purchase and glad that I decided to buy American. I drive 100 miles round trip 5 days a week. The drive home in my roomy and comfortable Fusion was something I looked forward. And I only have to buy gas twice a week. Fast forward 10 months,I just had to get a new transmission and I am going online later to find a condenser. The condenser issue really could have happened to anyone,(so they say)a little rock bounced into it . It is just annoying that it happened 3 days after the transmission was replaced. Now everyday I dread the ride to and from work, wondering what will go wrong next

The 2009 Ford Fusion is a smooth roomy drive. I love the seats and the trunk space.

Mesh cover of over the condenser. A different design for the head rest.