Effcient Commuter Car
By commuter14 on
2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I drive a Ford Fusion Energi as a commuter car. I drive 16 miles each way in stop and go traffic on surface streets and freeway. I live in a hilly area. Going to work I drive all electric with brake regen down hills. It is very quiet. I don't charge up at work. About half way home it switches over to hybrid mode. After a month of driving 865 miles the dashboard says my avg is 90.4 mpge (less if climate on) I charge it up nightly in my garage using a 110 volt charger. The Adaptive Cruise Control reduces commuter stress. The Sony stereo sounds good using Sirrus or streaming music via bluetooth phone using Spotify. I am enjoying my new tech car. My commute costs are much less.
Favorite Features
Keyless entry. EV modes (Now, Later, Auto, Plus), EcoCruise, Lane departure warning (I have yet to see the coffee cup on the dash), adaptive cruise and pre-collision warning. The blind spot warning system and cross traffic alert. The color performance displays on the dash and the speed limit indicator for the street you are on. I like the five day weather forecast and rear camera that shows your track as you turn. Auto parallel park. I tried it and it works. Hill assist mode is nice. The regen brakes are smooth. The transition to hybrid is smooth. Custom go times with climate pre-conditioning. It sends my drive scores to my web site after each trip and lets me compare with others.
Suggested Improvements
I don't use the trunk very much but it would be nice if battery was smaller and the trunk bigger. Hid or Led headlights. The sync touch screen should be as sensitive as my phone and the apps should load as fast as my phone which they are not. Requires a deliberate touch but I memorized the voice commands so I use that more.