2006 Ford Freestar Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Freestar model:
2006 Freestar vs 3 boys
By moetzierocks on 01/22/13 19:00 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We purchase our 2006Ford Freestar used with 45k. We have had one minor and one major repair since then. We had the repair a piece for one of the auto sliding door to work. And we had to replace the entire drivers central console due to the led communication panel failure. I could have lived without it but an odometer is required to pass state inspection. Other than that we love the car. We use it to trailer our 1500 lbs of gear to Cape Cod. The big high torque engine is amazing. Always power to spare. We love the entertainment system with DVD and wireless headsets. The car has plenty of room for even the longest trip. We even have used the trunk as a junior RV for long weekends.

Good van, the Editor doesn't own one!
By Dwayne on 02/24/10 08:45 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It rides well, has all the toys, video, triple zone climated control, heated leather, quad seats....cd changer...alloys....oh and the gas pedal doesn't get stuck! Mine Has given me nothing but excellent service! Buy one well maintained..u will find the...sterring culd be a little more precise..it's a mini van.

2006 Freestar Limited (4.2L)
By SuperOldSchool on 01/27/10 19:44 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I love this van and it's great family transportation,also very good as a hauler for construction projects. It rides smoothly and has plenty of power. I have 65k on the van. I personally think too many things have gone wrong. Fortunately all covered under warranty: Front brake rotors replaced 2x due to warping. Fuel pump replaced (worked fine but squealed), rear window vent motor replaced, catalytic converter replaced. Funky AdvanceTrak issues sometimes,weatherstrip on windshield was falling off. I know the AX4N trans is known to have major issues so I just hope ours lasts. I do all maintenance myself - full syn fluids, trans every 15k, P/S every year, coolant etc

Ford Freestar is OK
By vmichelelea on 03/01/07 19:15 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

It is perfect for a family with kids.

Ford Freestar Limited
By Jerome E. Welsh Sr. on 11/01/06 07:17 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned a Ford Windstar in the past, so I was familiar with front wheel drive. The handling response is great, it's peppy when needed, and gives a feeling of confidence. I find myself trying to increase my gas mileage by driving carefully. Side air curtains are a super plus for my grandchildren.

'06 Ford Freestar Limited
By minaldo1 on 02/03/06 11:46 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Very good looking on the inside. Ride quality is impressive. Excellent handling. Bucket seats very comfortable. Very quiet ride. Nice layout and good cargo room. Very safe.

Great Family Vehicle
By Dosh70 on 09/21/05 18:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

We also own a 1999 Windstar. We decided this time we would probably move to the Honda or Toyota minivans to get some of the conveniences and creature comforts they offered. Upon shopping around, we found that, for the final money paid, it was a "no-brainer" and we're in a 2005 Freestar. When we considered cost, safety ratings, comfort and looks, the Ford was the best value by far.

Buy One of These
By messianicrock on 07/31/05 13:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

The day my wife finally decided to get rid of the Sedona we did not hesitate to buy the Freestar. Ford has done an excellent job putting a SAFE, comfortable, attractive vehicle on the road at a reasonable price. One thing I would like to address is the power issue. A consumer magazine stated the vehicle was under-powered; my question is compared to what? The Freestar does not have the power my '04 Marauder, with SuperChip and K&N air induction, but it has ample power for a back road pass or a trip up I40 or I26 into the mountains of NC.

Great mini!
By S.S.E. on 07/25/05 16:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Freestar Minivan Limited 4dr Minivan (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Went from an Explorer to this. Great change. Great cargo space, 7 seats, DVD, easy to drive, better mileage. Don't feel like I'm driving a hulk, but still have the space. Definitely recommend.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.