The tire eater
By remley on
2009 Ford Focus SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Purchased new in 2009 to replace 1989 Nissan Sentra. Wanted to buy American so the Focus was one of the cars I looked at. Got a decent deal so purchased Focus SE sedan. It's a decent enough car but a continuing problem with premature tire wear which dealer claims is normal for this car, expect only 20000 miles of tire wear no matter the quality of the tires. Needless to say this has soured me on the car. After this experiance I'll never buy another Ford.
Favorite Features
Good gas mileage, side air bags
Suggested Improvements
Fix alignment/tire wear problems, AC unit weak,Automatic downshift is rough,suspension creaks and squeaks
By mooshgoosh
on 06/10/13 07:41 AM (PDT)

I have had the same problems. I am saving up for a much needed 3rd SET OF FOUR NEW TIRES WITHIN SIX MONTHS! I have feel robbed, stuck and beaten down by Ford. No matter where I go or who I go to for help, I am given the run around. "You must have hit a pothole." (So, apparently in the 2009 Ford Focus, if you hit a pothole it will throw your entire car out of whack and wear your tires unevenly within 2 months.) I have had two alignments in the past 10 months, so I know that is not the issue. I feel like I'm driving a matchbox car and will fly off the road to my death at any moment. The entire car shakes violently and has since 30K. Very unimpressed and taken advantage of.