2009 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Second Focus in Family

2009 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

S Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Second Focus in Family
By born2bwild on

2009 Ford Focus S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife drives a 2007 with low mileage, I liked the feel and pep her car had and bought my 2dr. I traded my 07 Mustang because gas was just to expense to drive to work. I drive 35 miles one way to work, the car performs real good. Quicker off the line then a Cobalt or Nissan that I rented. Stylish ride comfort is ok . Fuel mileage is great, averaging 38 MPG , did 40 mpg a couple of times and I am not light on the pedal. I would recommend the car to anyone . Stock Pirelli P 6 tires very bad in real light snow. I have 24k on the car and replaced the tires because of the way they handled. But over all quality is good and looks are great. Fun to drive and feel solidly built.

MPG,handling,pep. Looks great in black and because of my issue below I put white graphic stripes on the side similar to that of the Mustang. Plus splash guards.

I have a design flaw. Could be the wider sport tires. In front of the rear wheels after only having it 4 months and driving it on a salted road,the clear coat was riddled with little visible marks. Ford repainted & installed clear patches on both sides which are visible. Problem not solved